blackbird_7867

Question

Hey All,

So I have a 2002 Trans Am WS6

Was coated with :

Cqartz UK 3.0

Beadmaker as a LSP

and it looked ok :

fVMk75Sq_GBJe70vnabfDzLByCdo_IfjrIn2dw0_Lyw525TqqryCMkYlm4lKf8md_y29V_izZGfk_doqRaoxEPfq1VQ4wdLxLcPgoPR-WSNHGPgtwp0B8Qn4qSQ3WHJgST5z8Ai3if3OTtqH6EAloG16MHWh5LXQd5afYJGU9NzUizCfBBOWpDcDb5LIX1ro_bSjRvBpVwNUvOLH5nzBSPlLK0TfZAD1NQAboE-tEViIpjNbDpG2VN8EF1xUO0hWp9ChL1TQjhRpSBGQ0VIQAybmcAUZC9O6welEWFw30s1KvdCNeshFMGnkso0oGdYHstmqHfYyD6r5XSZFF2-EJUHFdUYaMzQkd0UK7SdzbVXMjJG2GRz8vU3gu1K23hFVOHwNcqMtpnVAk_In0X_SPn0_JCU3WbpU29iVugJp354UHcLTwDCv3KaekDq28KAj_W7k4B9OReC3gmAVFVaqedzbfvBB-zwyAuBtOAR8xpGA6HQNBjQE1lUIBGc_3fjNVcdqpncgFIlWZx1KSI--nVEINq_KRo3gtrp2_DeC2oABQ-k5fIM3n0srwjrsKu7Uwj-mRVqOCcex_IAzDciY_-9QqXrplbStByKrvBaugPLgToX_ReAdHrKywpUwMNXSDPdBh_tNV0PgFyLZVGJssWZTMTrwHRdV_n_7pnmQlmTN92TBh794DCME61U8_g=w1306-h979-no?authuser=0

I was happy with it, but love trying new things on it its kinda my test bed for products.

I ordered 

-Adams Graphene Kit w/ Light

I spent the weekend and compounded and polished it, so its sitting ready for some coating love which should be here Friday :

nSb42W4uQcpNKnyomCBAHVfKBlHWiEhl5OVbCZVl-dZSXkU75_sV_6Ua8mPNXc83Zy_X3pKW9KtHKzbMdHGY3X2s59rujfCpxbuGV1UxyAAO_fQSxZ5t_KrGxHFycQHTlILTEwGUGWzXdWNnkmKPCXGeXrUqzfjWQZsILfvrPIY33Gfuc5aeLm0yROHr_tzeAN15Zz0zIqfTJsyrDfUUK_XmxrqoqGgsP6OPuY0Plu4edY_-GOxraxg-NpxzcTg0rZvup12uEgt3ToP3X2IhrnBVAdWG4Xui_l75Ay2gKt4D_n50huqsTqN0jslpm-uqMuKgnUbD4Tl7waIjeJWuyWWdqYnJMZqQsYrwO7ysDAjCGHb5fRD1sVb3TZ3hi5H3XmNpiI8ys60c3_o3e8bUT9h46K1r7OUxyWT5B6x6KIdPeVrSIl4s9OnJIaLTsheXBf70kxWMPY5brn4udc3f2Xu33RrYCfZ4hJB8QnylyVuqC5QPCdpVvZM1zW1QGW6bFvVRySOykjtpWZkF9RPg8FbidbTk4URODfYgNAi9ZyL0sVLyUHUtxCBQqHMQ9oOLaUWv4-LLxw8lq54hefii4o7PpEIc6L_a3xHttTv-UECcEpz-7CXsUVCxtuDTiMfpqpPUTreBblxA1O47_tVWShvlYTFXIxMB742ogqdgu85WUbYkFxybfE4R1YTVQA=w1306-h979-no?authuser=0

ErE74Cw1xQ_CSgb17bOHPMu1aeTi5snLsZabpqI5qTV57XqSLUnyIrSi5Jy7CHSENiI228nmNc8CMwFu1mOMbnGmvOesnEAQ0DFD4oitlAzAXweKecAbDixyEatx7FvJKgTNW-FvRiE0kRrJmNV7eP9w3t6BygAU5Yee4qREx4d6pZL5IRiykCOTrHHNTKLkZUc9WBeUEtYLEi-0uu2T_Mjx2fKCTZbPrpzZyeFubkMXtNOGptt-Ny-2HSA-zlPcgRcL2n6o5VDnnE3ZCvGuSN9RLtnsh6PsUUcszdU7ymz1mqAMq3i1HaHgwq5Mx3jt0rq4ywtT1DZUFIaz705UwgnVylCssZdCjjzmXqYSbXK7qKKJfrZ9RWiLTKmtfrraJVXb0faoRrK0rTNahLqBUJb5d3hx-MqnlYl9W1km8SXGHFvztfj7n_TqYIW0o0TYVCdvJSFU_XWm8RDROK9uVarv6uys02usCSo1ATvU1Tocj-s0yUnp7-YnlkceHSgbuVHvQ4Bz3qtgLzPla3-sclyz-S_yHwxJ5YnN5FQ_0OEqUG8-QcVM0rrxllbx34u2GCiU0h7S9zF7Uual7aEb-tYUcjHJKERXzAUBFFUTtq0zw4rwOKgrr-x2CPwYxcPX_biEm7O6TbtLtKE9cO3Ivo7Edwk_HcmchYXILUnN1NjeocehfgQVrEVAAJrbOQ=w1306-h979-no?authuser=0nULkOU8j0OwSSDGsZzwwwGQMToCT1gGpP7yOYZC7Q2SB6OEN2B9Xg-vvXBVsMtNFZT3uVwTgJhUDNXTLa4mVmL5D1NZ9jLfOFCOIYo9Uco63Ii082r9EspXlfbt4rUfW1M08mt0aLdEld3ZDmxenbg1Hr_sb8amNRhD_hw1mSmkBaR1_8_PXos3_14yvLYQCXySi5IYEbU6bh_ek-qhFVduZAp8ESp80Y6tMkVLBnblk1HKhpbM3aQp3HPdWwsneKgWSnjDieOHKhP3IqUm08IH8jLMO1Nj5wVZMeRdVLHCPxb_mIVuWjmH1JB5LWXRPJlhGJYGJbQyEXyedCz89e_q7sB_TCL4E1Y3IRZL6aTtdgEfVQZVI9mIsoWsgJbn69Qhf8wHGL48jfj_kMTN-YBPxMjp2Y08d7mr7VXcDMrXIxdgomITUdIrTxVtxhk6xUiWDfqr3mCBZkUA_aDl0XiWIP4hyC-362-bUrdUZ-6-Ijl-aZkiz1IuZsiMPXa-A6d4UPi8NF8CYBZvJsqN2NzmuKV9aPeJyev5KYpESQqX5i6QEBU7LJ6RSbBJ4R1MPYdtit7hMDnkDohk33ee111Sj6h0HqHPJhiPEKLl0R1RM3OWJHaePS2FxlWhwwYK6pRZJX3qBLFueBezu0rMVFOwi6D1JTlOyoSzCyTt24ESPANNjeljmhNqv04W23Q=w735-h979-no?authuser=0

My question is :

Would you do one nice even coated layer, then top with Booster after 24 hrs, or would you do 2 coats of the coating then booster?

If doing 2 layers, how long between layers should I wait?

20 answers to this question

I read through it and it says it is layer-able but over 3 is redundant. So just wondering if you guys would be doing 2 coats or just 1, it doesn't really answer that.

If doing more then one, would you do the entire car, then just go right back around over it again?

I personally would do two coatings and plan to do this on a black car as well.  From what I understand it should cure within 3-4 hours so my plan is to wait at least 4-6 hrs before doing a second round.  Unless someone from Adam's guides us differently.

14 minutes ago, jeverton said:

I personally would do two coatings and plan to do this on a black car as well.  From what I understand it should cure within 3-4 hours so my plan is to wait at least 4-6 hrs before doing a second round.  Unless someone from Adam's guides us differently.

Awesome!

So unless somewhere from Adams tells us differently

-Coat Vehicle

-Approx 6 hours after being done recoat vehicle

-24 hrs apply Booster

BTW:  While watching their video on the application it was stated you can get away with one coating if you do things right the first time 🙂  Also, the video instructions stated a 24 curing time.  So not exactly sure which one to follow... my experiences say do it once and let it cure for 24 hrs., then determine if another coating is necessary.

I recommend one layer. 2+ doesn't equate to 2x+ the protection, so I don't think it's necessary or worth the effort, IMO. Maintain it properly along the way and you'll have years of enjoyment, then likley want to redo it again. As good as these are, they're still not bulletproof so correction may still be in the future.

Also, allow at least 24 hours for the traditional form, 4 for the Spray before applying Boost or similar. 

My old wax habits have migrated to become ceramic habits where I tend to do a second coat on the Grill and lower valance.  I also do a second coat on the rocker panel below the doors, everything is one coat and done.    Those two areas take the biggest beating of anyplace vehicle for crud being thrown against it and getting sand blasted on the highway.  They also tend to take the most effort to keep clean, including the use of bug and tar removers.  

While I know a second coat on those areas does not double the protection, I'm confident that it adds a little more protection on the most vulnerable vehicles areas for road abuse.

1 hour ago, blackbird_7867 said:

Side Questions :

I see some videos say wait till it rainbows to buff it off, the Graphene one says to wait till rainbow dissipates and almost "sweats" then wipe it off -- what option is best?

Wait till it starts to become tacky, then remove. Times will vary based on humidity, temps, etc. 

So I personally have had absolutely amazing luck with the ceramic spray coating.  I have used it three times now (three different vehicles) and the results have been spectacular.  With the spray coating, I just get this "pop" from the paint that I can't describe.  It just looks deeper and richer.  And yes, I am saying this happens when compared to regular ceramic coating -- there is clearly a difference in appearance between the two products.  Thus, my personal recipe is (starting with perfect paint obviously) one layer of ceramic coating followed by one layer of spray ceramic coating.  

I'm sure the only way to find out is to try it, but I am extremely extremely curious to see if the graphine spray is going to have that same results/effects!

13 hours ago, 8675309'SS said:

I knew they were going to drop something after I made a purchase. Seriously I should just move to Colorado. It would be much more cost effective. Then I could eat Portillo’s with @falcaineer

👍🏼😃 They do ship here!! Oh, and golf balls travel 1-2 clubs further, so @RayS could join...who's our fourth?! 

11 hours ago, falcaineer said:

👍🏼😃 They do ship here!! Oh, and golf balls travel 1-2 clubs further, so @RayS could join...who's our fourth?! 

To think that I should have been in Copenhagen, Denmark today and playing golf on Friday and Saturday before a trip back home.  Unfortunately, the meeting we planned almost a year ago had to be held virtual instead, and we know the next one that was going to be in Bordeaux, France has also been moved to virtual.

As for golf and needing getting extra distance - no need.  While I can't hit as far as I used to, it is easier to find the ball in the woods at 250 yards instead of 300...   I used to be a regular 300 yard driver with hitting the fairway about 80% of the time.  I can still hit it 300 yards, but only manage 20% in the fairway, so I've had to back down my swing a bit.

Let's hope next summer is better than this year, because Mary will have a nice long vacation and we're heading toward the west someplace.