Customer Service 866.965.0400

Temps for applying ceramic coat...

vinbags44

Question

6 answers to this question

5 hours ago, vinbags44 said:

What Temps are recommended for applying and removal?? ..im doing a car tomorrow..it will be in garage but temps are supposed to be close to 90 degrees..

As long as you are out the sun and the sun can't hit the vehicle from the windows or open garage door, you're good to 95 that I can confirm.  The humidity can make a different in the drying time and I know from experience that 90+ with 80% humidity makes for a long hot day, but it can be done.

As for the low temp side, I always make sure my garage is at 55 or above before applying a coating or even a sealant, anything below that seem to take way too long to cure.

35 minutes ago, RayS said:

As long as you are out the sun and the sun can't hit the vehicle from the windows or open garage door, you're good to 95 that I can confirm.  The humidity can make a different in the drying time and I know from experience that 90+ with 80% humidity makes for a long hot day, but it can be done.

As for the low temp side, I always make sure my garage is at 55 or above before applying a coating or even a sealant, anything below that seem to take way too long to cure.

Ok great. Hopefully I'll be good to go and check as I apply..thanks!

Ideal would be in the 65-75 F range for comfort and ease of application, but as Ray mentioned, it can be applied in higher temperature conditions. Humidity plays a factor in how the coating flashes and wipes away from the surface, so I use a window A/C unit to bring down the temperature and pull some of the humidity out of my garage, especially during these very hot summer months.