Customer Service 866.965.0400

Scratch and Swirl Remover

NTHAKKER

Question

I am confused about this product. My car is relatively scratch free. But i want to polish it (not compound because if there are scratches, they are definitely not deep). Why buy this over the white polish? 

If i use this, should i pair it with the hand polish? 

So this first and then the hand polish? Both using white foam pads? 

4 answers to this question

Scratch and Swirl remover can be used by hand or machine and I have done both.  It works very well when it you need a little correction by using a white pad or if you need a little more correction, use a orange pad.  After Scratch and Swirl remover is used, you can follow up with Hand Polish or the regular machine polish, it all comes down to what equipment you have, the condition of the vehicle and your preferred method.  

I have a Swirl Killer and much prefer the machine over hand, but I also do golf carts and motorcycles and end up doing a fair amount of hand work on them.

Yep, Scratch & Swirl Remover was mainly intended to be used by hand applicator (Orange Hex Grip), and then followed up with Hand Polish with the Blue Hex Grip. It's for those hesitant to try machine polishing but are looking to improve their paint finish.

Like Ray said, it can be used with a machine, but keep in mind that it is a little gritty and can leave some haziness, especially on the piano black plastic trim (used on a lot of manufacturers door pillars now). On my car, I had to follow up with the white Polish and a White Foam Pad with the Swirl Killer Mini to get the tiny micro-scratches out of the piano black door pillars to get them back to perfect, but the Scratch & Swirl Remover definitely did remove the larger imperfections!

Also keep in mind that the updated (current) blue Hand Polish is a polish, glaze, and sealant all in one, so if you are looking to do something like a ceramic coating, I would recommend the white Polish instead, since it is strictly a finishing polish with no protection.

Thanks Dan and Ray. 

So if i understand it correctly, hand polish has sealant so dont use it anywhere on the body if i plan on coating it.

Scartch and Swirld, I shouldn't use on the softer door pillars because it will leave some haze behind which i will have to finish with a finishing polish like the white polish? And if i dont have any deep scratches or swirls, I shouldn't use scratch and swirl remover. Just use the white polish and it will get the job done. 

Y'all were very helpful. Thanks 

17 hours ago, NTHAKKER said:

Thanks Dan and Ray. 

So if i understand it correctly, hand polish has sealant so dont use it anywhere on the body if i plan on coating it.

Scartch and Swirld, I shouldn't use on the softer door pillars because it will leave some haze behind which i will have to finish with a finishing polish like the white polish? And if i dont have any deep scratches or swirls, I shouldn't use scratch and swirl remover. Just use the white polish and it will get the job done. 

Y'all were very helpful. Thanks 

For most cases, yep, that's all correct! However, every vehicle can react a little differently to different compound, polish, and pad combinations, so that's why it's always important to start with a test spot first - a combo that creates slight haze or micro-scratching on one vehicle may work perfect on a different vehicle!

The white Polish and White Foam Pad can sometimes remove light swirl marks on a soft clear coat, but if it's a harder clear coat on something like a Mercedes, Audi, older Corvette, etc, you would most likely need at least Compound and a Blue Foam Pad to remove the swirl marks and then step down to the Polish and White Foam Pad.