Customer Service 866.965.0400

Red Interior Brush issues

Question

Just curious.  Has anyone else had issues with the Red Interior brush bleeding when wet?  I haven't actually used mine on the interior, but rather I used it as an applicator for Tire Armor.  I noticed it bled heavily during the application of the product, but I chocked it up to using it for a purpose other than what it was intended.  However, I will note that there is a video from Adam's where they suggest using the interior brush for applying tire armor.  

The reason I ask is I was going to buy another one specifically for cleaning my interior but I'm not wanting to risk the bleeding if it is an issue.  I happened to look today on the site and I see 2 of the reviews posted bleeding issues, but I don't see anything here on the forums about it or if it has been investigated or corrected.  Maybe @falcaineer or a mod can answer this one.

4 answers to this question

I will bring this to the attention to Phil and the product development team. Thank you! 

I would recommend to wash the brush out thoroughly with APC a few more times or even soak it in a disposable plastic container with some water and APC mixed to see if the color bleed eventually stops. It might be an issue of too much red dye in the bristles. I use the older gray version of this brush, so I've not run into this issue yet.

OK. I'll try that. I'll let you know the results.  I was wondering if it was just a you stated just to much dye and will bleed out if cleaned enough or if it was my "improper"use of an interior brush for an exterior application and the chemical I was applying caused the bleed. 

I only ask as I am indeed  looking to grab another one to dedicate to interior wet cleaning and I noticed in reviews I was not the only one having the issue.   Thanks for the response Dan!

So, I took a mix of APC and distilled water in a plastic tub and soaked and agitated the brush. Here are before and after pics. There was a good amount of red dye that still bled out.  I will say this after pic looks worse than it actually was, however it did still bleed.   After a good soak and thorough rinse out it appears to have stopped bleeding.  I'll update again when  I reapply my tire armor and let y'all know if it bleeds during application again. I'm hoping it won't at this point. 

20200907_132018.jpg

20200907_163506.jpg

20200907_131916.jpg

2 hours ago, stalebreadjr said:

So, I took a mix of APC and distilled water in a plastic tub and soaked and agitated the brush. Here are before and after pics. There was a good amount of red dye that still bled out.  I will say this after pic looks worse than it actually was, however it did still bleed.   After a good soak and thorough rinse out it appears to have stopped bleeding.  I'll update again when  I reapply my tire armor and let y'all know if it bleeds during application again. I'm hoping it won't at this point. 

20200907_132018.jpg

20200907_163506.jpg

20200907_131916.jpg

Thanks for posting these, I'll pass them to our team