Customer Service 866.965.0400

All Purpose Cleaner Eating Bottles

galaxy

Question

Anyone have the APC eating through your spray bottles and causing leaks?  I had a bottle that sprung a small leak out the very bottom of the bottle.  Was making a slow mess everywhere.  I didn't think much of it and got a new Adam's 16 oz bottle.  A week or so later, the new bottle is now leaking out of the bottom making a mess all over the cabinet shelf.  Can't be a coincidence.  

7 answers to this question

17 hours ago, falcaineer said:

I have heard that happen with some bottles, but not others. I think it had to do with the source of the bottles, right @Dan@Adams? In other words, you may have transferred it to a bottle from the same manufacturer, leading to another leak. 

Correct. I spoke to our chemist about this again late last week. We had sourced bottles from two different suppliers in the past, and it looks like the plastic composition is a little weaker from one of the suppliers, so it can eventually eat through some but not all bottles. He is going to bring it up for discussion with the team. 

I found one leaking bottle of APC last week at the Import show, right on the bottom ring of the bottle like Jon experienced, which is why I mentioned it to our chemist. I will report back any updates I receive.