Customer Service 866.965.0400

Don’t Like New Forum Update

galaxy

Nope. Don’t like it. At least not from my mobile device anyways.  Used to be so easy to jump right to the threads I stared, or commented in, or anything like that. Can’t figure it out now. Is it just me? 

9 hours ago, Firebuff17 said:

I don’t like it all that much either

i have it figured out how to only see unread threads

but there is no way to mark it read like I was before. 

Try switching the theme to “Default“ and see if it doesn’t give you the option you are looking for.  I don’t use that feature, so I’m not sure if this is what you are referring to or not.  See screen shots I posted over here in this thread:

Hey all,

The forum software was updated about a week ago to a few minor versions above what the existing theme was built around, so there will likely be some visual issues while we try to sort them out. Anything you come across, just let us know here, and we will do our best to address them. Screenshots help a ton.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

I had that problem for a couple of days on the Mac, Windows and iPad.  The solution for me was to switch the theme and then switch it back.  I do use the Adam's theme since there isn't a dark mode available yet.    In case you are looking for it, the theme option is at the very bottom of the page.

Edited by RayS

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 9:03 AM, wely324 said:

what's going on with the forum? Seems like it's not the popular spot it once was? 

Forums always seem to have highs and lows with activity level depending on the time of the year. During summer months when people are more busy, activity seems to drop a little. Then it usually picks up around this time of the year with Black Friday and Cyber Monday around the corner, and lots of cold months where most of the country is bundled up inside. Spring months are pretty busy too, since most are eager to start detailing vehicles again, and we typically launch some new products and updated formulas to start the new detailing season 👍

On 10/6/2020 at 9:23 AM, Dan@Adams said:

@GerryC any ideas here about the missing icons?

Hi Dan,

I've sent you a private message about the likely cause and solution. Sorry for the delay - I didn't get a notification from being tagged in your post. I only saw this now after you messaged me.

1 hour ago, GerryC said:

Hi Dan,

I've sent you a private message about the likely cause and solution. Sorry for the delay - I didn't get a notification from being tagged in your post. I only saw this now after you messaged me.

There's several of us having this issue.  Can't the solution be shared here?

On 11/3/2020 at 2:17 PM, Beemer said:

There's several of us having this issue.  Can't the solution be shared here?

The solution is to get an updated digital security certificate installed on the adamsforums domain. Nobody here can do that, so we've reached out to those who can.

If you want a temporary "fix", you can try to visit the forum using https instead of http, and manually add a security exception when prompted by your browser. Although, clicking around the forum afterwards may revert you back to http, which will get annoying pretty quick.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the icons have been fixed but now I'm getting a security message screen every time I open Adamsforums.com   My browser is telling me it's not a secure site.

More problems?

3 hours ago, Beemer said:

Looks like the icons have been fixed but now I'm getting a security message screen every time I open Adamsforums.com   My browser is telling me it's not a secure site.

More problems?

Still the same problem with the security certificate. I'm working the issue. We don't sell anything through the forum, so there is no issue in that regard.

I'll ask everyone to please have patience while we get this resolved, thanks!

• Glad to hear you're working on it Dan.  Couldn't get on for a couple of days on either computer.   I still have the red flag in the corner, but I'm trying to ignore it, and hoping I'm not opening myself up to anything.