Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Boost White Spots

I’ve used your ceramic coating on a number of vehicles with excellent results. I’ve used your ceramic boost as well. I’ve had a number of issues recently after using Boost.  I’ve seen a significant number of white dots on multiple cars that are difficult to remove. This was after the second use of Boost. 

Any ideas on what’s wrong?

Thanks,

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Andy, and welcome to the forum, 

I do apologize that no one got back to you on this thread, I'm just seeing it now! Do you have any pictures of these white dots showing up? Are they on paint, glass, textured plastics, or all areas? Make sure to always shake up the Ceramic Boost bottle thoroughly before every use to mix all of the chemicals back together. You could also try to clean out the spray nozzle in a bottle of water only - it's possible that some of the chemical dried up in the spray, which is then going onto the surface of the vehicle. Spray water through the nozzle until only clean water comes out, let the nozzle dry, then insert it back into the bottle. 

With Ceramic Boost, less is more, so I typically only use 2 or 3 sprays for a panel, and I always use two towels with it - one towel to spread the chemical onto the surface evenly, and then a second towel to wipe away the remaining residue. I would also recommend for the surface to be fairly cool to the touch when you apply it. 

The other thought I have is how recently have the vehicles been clayed or polished? If there is some bonded contamination on the surface, that may not allow the Ceramic Boost to wipe away as easily, which could be the culprit for the white dots. As a test, you could try to clay a small section, Surface Prep, and then apply Boost in that spot to see if it differs from the rest of the vehicle.

Let us know how it works out, thanks!