Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best tape for polishing

Jlinn1989

Question

3 answers to this question

I have a few that I like, but the green or blue 3M tape at the auto part store works well.  Just don't use any of the edge locking tape.  My favorite tape is 3M 06526, a 3/4" light green that has a vinyl feel to it, and is easy to place, remove, and place in a new area.

I also tend to go toward the 3M tape and like the 3/4 or 1 inch.  I tried to use the 1/2 a few times and couldn't keep it straight.    The green is the preference on a black or blue vehicle, it stands our better and of course I avoid the green on green vehicle.

If I am working a very tight space, especially around headlights or delicate places, I will use the Red vinyl water resistant electrical tape by 3M.  It is easy to work with, sticks good even when you stray something on it or hit it with the polisher and it doesn't leave any residue when you take it off within an hour or so.  A word of warning, missing a piece and leaving it in the South Carolina sun for 2 days, will make it a pain to take off.   The series is the 3M Temflex vinyl electrical tape 1700C and there are multiple colors, but the Red is the least expensive, plus I like red.  Store it in the house or in a cool place out of the sun or heat.  One $3 roll will last me a couple of years.