Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Detail Spray

Brewder

Question

Hello,

I'm planning a single step paint correction then will ceramic coat my car using the new Graphene coating product.  My question is about the new Graphene Ceramic Detail Spray.  Is that safe/recommended to use on a weekly basis after washing my car?  I'm a bit confused by the ceramic "bost" products and now this new ceramic "detail spray".

//Brew

10 answers to this question

I have a similar question, but let me take it a step further.

I ceramic coated my car last month (used the "old" ceramic coating, as a month after I bought that kit they came out with the Graphene coating :( ).  I recently purchased both the Graphene Ceramic Spray as well as the Graphene Detail Spray.  Could I put a coating of the Graphene Ceramic Spray coating on over the current application of the previous Adams ceramic product?  Would it be similar to just using Ceramic Boost?  Or would you suggest not?  And if so, could I then just use the Graphene Ceramic Detail Spray ongoing after that for a quick spray clean up and shine?

I thought there were a lot of products to consider before all these ceramics came out!  But this is getting a little crazy.  I hope there can be a general guide put out to help understand all the products, how they differ, what products work best with others, etc.

Thanks for your replies!

5 hours ago, TOBASCO said:

I have a similar question, but let me take it a step further.

I ceramic coated my car last month (used the "old" ceramic coating, as a month after I bought that kit they came out with the Graphene coating :( ).  I recently purchased both the Graphene Ceramic Spray as well as the Graphene Detail Spray.  Could I put a coating of the Graphene Ceramic Spray coating on over the current application of the previous Adams ceramic product?  Would it be similar to just using Ceramic Boost?  Or would you suggest not?  And if so, could I then just use the Graphene Ceramic Detail Spray ongoing after that for a quick spray clean up and shine?

I thought there were a lot of products to consider before all these ceramics came out!  But this is getting a little crazy.  I hope there can be a general guide put out to help understand all the products, how they differ, what products work best with others, etc.

Thanks for your replies!

Yes, you can layer Graphene Ceramic over the original Ceramic coating. Should you is another question. Layering coatings does not equate to the same equal amount of protection, i.e. 2+ layers is not 2x+ the protection. The law of diminishing returns applies. My recommendation if you want to make the switch to Graphene Ceramic is to either wait until the original coating reaches end of life, or start over.

No, Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating is not equivalent to Ceramic Boost. It's closest to the Ceramic Spray Coating, but with more longevity, gloss, etc. You can still use any of the silica-infused products like Ceramic Boost and/or Graphene Detail Spray to maintain Graphene Ceramic Coatings, until/unless Adam's releases more dedicated items. 

You can use Graphene Detail Spray as a touch up to any of the Graphene Ceramic options much like you use the original Detail Spray. 

Not really adding anything here... but wanted to say.  My ceramic project isn't for a few more weeks, so in the meantime I wanted a detail spray to give my car an extra pop between washes so I gave the "pink" stuff a try.  wow.  Do I LOVE the Adams Detail Spray!!  I'm coming from years of Zanio products like Z6 and Grand finale sprays...  

I can only assume that the Ceramic Detail Spray is just as good if not better... I just ordered myself a gallon before even trying it.

//Brew

To add to what Chris said, you could certainly put a layer of Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating on top of your existing coating to sort of refresh and re-up the coating; however, you will want to do a very thorough wash and Surface Prep at a minimum before applying the Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating. It's also important to note that it will not last as long on the surface since it is trying to bond to an already cured layer of ceramic coating, rather than bare clear coat. You could then maintain with Graphene Detail Spray. 

To reduce some of the confusion, here are some general combinations for maintenance-type products. Keep in mind that these are not concrete, and you can try out different maintenance products to see which you like best!

• Graphene Ceramic Coating and Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating will be best maintained with Graphene Detail Spray, since they're all in the graphene oxide family of products, but you can use SiO2 maintenance products like CS3 and Ceramic Boost as well with no issue.
  • UV Ceramic Paint Coating, UV Ceramic Wheel Coating, UV Ceramic Spray Coating, Ceramic Coating Wax, and Ceramic Spray Coating will be best maintained with SiO2-based products since they're all in the SiO2 family of products. These would include CS3, Ceramic Boost, Ceramic Waterless, Ceramic Liquid Wax, Rinse + Coat, etc. Using Graphene Detail Spray would be fine as well.
  • Paint Sealant, a synthetic sealant would be best paired with H2O Guard & Gloss, another product in the sealant family, but you could use Graphene Detail Spray and SiO2-based products too.
  • Waxes like Americana Paste Wax, Buttery Wax, and Patriot Wax would pair best with Spray Wax or Detail Spray. 

Then there are a few wildcards like Detail Spray, Slick & Slide, and Waterless Wash. Detail Spray and Slick & Slide have small amounts of polymer protection and can be paired with any of the above with nice results. For Detail Spray, keep in mind that while it will not hurt coatings, it's not necessarily the best product to use on them, and may slightly alter some of the hydrophobic behavior of coatings. Waterless Wash works excellent on any of the above as well. 

On 9/17/2020 at 11:58 AM, Dan@Adams said:

For Detail Spray, keep in mind that while it will not hurt coatings, it's not necessarily the best product to use on them, and may slightly alter some of the hydrophobic behavior of coatings. Waterless Wash works excellent on any of the above as well. 

This is exactly the question I was looking to have answered. I will be using the Graphene Ceramic on my SS 1LE and wanted to know if it was ok to use my regular Detail Spray. Thanks!

Hello, I personally have never used any type of ceramic coating on my car; I've always used the regular DS.  I just bought a gallon of the pink DS and just found out about graphene detail spray.  The question is, can use Adam's ceramic graphene coating once and then keep up with it using the pink DS or should I continue with graphene detail spray instead of the pink stuff.

You aren't going to get better results just from the GDS.  You may get a little better protection, but as far as appearance, no.  You get the best results with all of the Graphene products by using like items.  Best option here would be to either just continue usiing the pink ds, or start fresh with a clean prepped car and use the graphene spray coating and ds or the full graphene process.  But stick with like items for best results.