Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene Spray Coating

joey3021

Question

5 days ago i applied the spray coating to my new car. I polished it,prep the paint after and applied the coating. I didnt drive the car till yesterday and of course it rained. Now this morning the water beading was great and after driving it was perfectly dry but the paint doesn't have that smooth feeling anymore. Is that normal with coatings or did it somehow get washed off with the rain?

2 answers to this question

Hi Joey, and welcome to the forum!

Our ceramic coating offerings, and now our graphene coating offerings can have a little bit more tension to the feel of the paint than something like a sealant or wax, since once they cure and bond to the paint, it is leaving a microscopic "glass" layer on the surface. This is why we say to maintain the coatings about once or twice month with something like Ceramic Boost, CS3, or the new Graphene Detail Spray, as the spray products will bring back that super slick feel onto the surface of the coating. Sometimes even just a wash with Mega Foam or Wash + Coat soap will remove any small impurities and bring back a more slick feeling to the surface.

So basically the coating gives you the more durable protection against stains, etching, light scratches/swirls, and so on, plus the hydrophobic water-repelling behavior, and then the maintenance products will add the slick feeling back on top! 

HI Joey,

Dan provided some excellent information and one of things to keep in mind is that rain can have a lot of contaminants in it.  The fires in the western states and affect rainfall hundreds of miles of away and same goes for other pollutants.  While the water runs off or dries, it does leave some of the particulates on the vehicle.  One of the worst things is sprinklers hitting a vehicle if they are on a city water system.