Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirl Killer 15mm

Brewder

Question

Hello.  I just finished up a ceramic detail but have a question now, in retrospect, about my SK15...  As I was using it, it seemed like it wasn't rotating properly unless I almost lifted it off the surface of the car.  I was using one step polish and a brand new one step pad.  Even just the weight of the machine made it appear it wasn't rotating properly.  As I would lift it off the vehicle, I could see it start to spin.

Is this normal?  This was my first experience with a DA polisher...  Last orbital polisher I used was probably back in 1987.  :)

//Brew

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, Brewder said:

Hello.  I just finished up a ceramic detail but have a question now, in retrospect, about my SK15...  As I was using it, it seemed like it wasn't rotating properly unless I almost lifted it off the surface of the car.  I was using one step polish and a brand new one step pad.  Even just the weight of the machine made it appear it wasn't rotating properly.  As I would lift it off the vehicle, I could see it start to spin.

Is this normal?  This was my first experience with a DA polisher...  Last orbital polisher I used was probably back in 1987.  :)

//Brew

What speed were you running it? Was flat on the surface? Was it hitting up again body lines? Those are several things that could make it stall. But most importantly, did you get the results you're after? If so, it may have been spinning just fine and you didn't realize it.

Next time, draw a black vertical line on the side or edge of the backing plate. It should rotate at a fairly consistent speed, not too fast, to show you it's spinning. If the black line stays put, it's stalling.

Also, watch this, it should help!