Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about Adam's Ceramic Paste Wax and Ceramic Booster

Bode04

Question

I recently purchased the ceramic booster thinking I would be able to use it to layer over Adam's ceramic Paste Wax to extend the durability of the wax. I should have asked questions first as now I'm doubting if this will work since ceramic boosters are meant for use on actual ceramic coatings and I don't have that on my car. Does anyone know if ceramic boost can be used on a car that has been waxed with the ceramic paste wax or would this be a waste of time and money? 

Thank you,

Bode

2 answers to this question

Hi @Bode04! Thank you for your business, and welcome to the forum! Moving this thread to the appropriate section, hope you don't mind.

You can absolutely use Ceramic Boost as a maintenance spray on top of our Ceramic Paste Wax. It's intended exactly for that, to serve as a maintenance product for ceramic coatings and ceramic-infused products like Ceramic Paste Wax, but it can also be used standalone on non-coated vehicles too. 

On darker colors especially, make sure to shake up the bottle thoroughly, and spray the product sparingly - two or three mists is usually enough for a door panel for example. I would also recommend using two microfiber towels when applying it - one plush microfiber towel to spread the Ceramic Boost evenly across a panel, and then a second plush microfiber towel to remove the remaining residue. If you spray too much or do not wipe it away thoroughly, it can streak some due to the Sio2 content in it. Working in the shade with body panels cool to the touch will also make the application process of Ceramic Boost go more smoothly!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

I have used Ceramic Boost on the Ceramic Paste Wax and it worked well.   As Dan pointed out, use it sparingly to prevent streaking.  I also keep a bottle of water with a spray nozzle to add a mist if I do notice some streaking.   If a towel becomes overly wet, trade it out for a fresh towel.