Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray

Eric19RX

Question

A new video was posted to YouTube a couple of day's ago, it showed Adam demonstrating how to quickly detail your daily driver.  In the video he talked about spraying the wheels with Detail Spray after cleaning them to prevent water spots.  So do you just spray and allow them to air dry while you move on to the next wheel? 

4 answers to this question

Hi Eric, great question! I suspect that some of the video may have been edited out there for time. To clear up any confusion, if you use Detail Spray on the wheels and you move immediately onto washing the rest of the vehicle, you could leave the Detail Spray on them to help minimize water-spotting while washing the other body panels; however, you will want to rinse it off thoroughly just like you would rinse the soap. You do not want the Detail Spray to air dry onto the wheels, as it will dry with a smeared, cloudy appearance. If you do not move immediately onto washing the rest of the vehicle after spraying down the wheels, you would want to wipe them dry with a plush towel like a Borderless Gray or Single Soft, so that the Detail Spray does not dry smeared onto the surface, especially if you're working in the sun. 

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Hello Dan, thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

So, to make sure I understand the process correctly.  I would clean and rinse the wheels, followed by applying Detail Spray to them as I went. Then, either during the initial or final rinse of the vehicle, I would thoroughly rinse the wheels and not have any issues? 

35 minutes ago, Eric19RX said:

Hello Dan, thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

So, to make sure I understand the process correctly.  I would clean and rinse the wheels, followed by applying Detail Spray to them as I went. Then, either during the initial or final rinse of the vehicle, I would thoroughly rinse the wheels and not have any issues? 

Correct, but if the Detail Spray is sitting on the wheel in the hot sun during washing, you will want to wash it off more quickly.

Detail Spray is intended to be a product that is sprayed onto a surface and wiped off immediately with a microfiber towel, but the reason Adam mentions to spray it onto the wheels in this case is to help prevent hard water on the wheels from creating water spots while washing the rest of the vehicle. For me, I wash the wheels in the same manner that he does in the video, rinse, and then I immediately foam down the vehicle including the wheels, so that our pH neutral soap sits on the wheels during the wash. In other words, I do not do the Detail Spray step. I do however use Detail Spray or CS3 at the end of the wash process as a drying aid, as he also demonstrates in that video 👍