Customer Service 866.965.0400

Matte hood

brihy1

Question

14 answers to this question

Some of the vinyl can be cleaned up and made to look good with Revive Hand Polish, but it may make it shiny.  Some of the marks from the pictures make it look like it has become sun bleached and I don't a know a fix for that, I'm sure some other will chime in with other options.

Welcome, OP! 

I recommend following the advice in this video.  I also found Adam's Matte Detailer useful before I ceramic coated my whole car, including the matte stripes.  (Yes, matte vinyl looks great even when ceramic coated.)  The products I found most useful were Brilliant Glaze (to clean), light polish (if required), VRT (to protect), and Matte Detailer (to "level" the VRT).

Note that matte vinyl CAN be LIGHTLY polished without making it glossy.  I did so a number of times, as described in the video, relying on nothing more aggressive than (what used to be called Fine Machine or Finishing) Polish on a Blue Hand Applicator or White (machine) Pad.  Doing so helped remove minor imperfections.  Obviously, YMMV.

Edited by Norton

Hey norton,thanks for the info.It worked very well.I cleaned with waterless wash-hand polished-vrt-matte detailer-adams graphing spray coating.Its no perfect but looks way better than it did and I like it.tanks everyone for the help and replies.awesome forum.heres some pics.dont mind the big pine tree in background

PXL_20201019_194730308.jpg

PXL_20201019_194536221.jpg

44 minutes ago, brihy1 said:

Hey norton,thanks for the info.It worked very well.I cleaned with waterless wash-hand polished-vrt-matte detailer-adams graphing spray coating.Its no perfect but looks way better than it did and I like it.tanks everyone for the help and replies.awesome forum.heres some pics.dont mind the big pine tree in background

PXL_20201019_194730308.jpg

PXL_20201019_194536221.jpg

Nicely done!  That looks GREAT! 

Looks great, Bryan! Only thing I'd add is while the Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating looks great, the surface should be wiped completely clean with Surface Prep (along with other steps, prep is everything with a coating!) before applying to get the longest lasting benefits. It's a coating and needs a naked surface to bond properly. But for now, enjoy the look, it tuned out great.

Steve @Norton thanks for the video, I haven't seen that one before.