Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about how to paint prep with limited time.

UTVol

Question

Hello all.  I have used Adams Products for some time on various vehicles but I have yet to really get into paint correction.  I have 2 Jeep JK/JL's that get used as daily drivers and sometimes a bit of offroad.  I was thinking that protecting both of these with the Ceramic or Graphene Ceramic Sealant would help keep these in top shape and decrease some of the maintenance washes.  They are both garage kept so that helps also.  My problem comes is that I want/need do to the paint correction before the sealant in order to lock in the best situation possible, but i don't have time to do the entire car at once.  Maybe only time for a few panels at a time.   Assuming I was just going to do like the hood in one take and the driver fender and door in another.  What should I put on the panel after the pain correction to keep it safe while waiting to put the Ceramic Sealant on?  I was looking at getting all of the stuff together and then working on the cars over the next 4-5 weeks doing some of the correction each weekend in the garage.  

Does anyone have any suggestion on a better way to go about this?  Are there suggestions about which Sealant would be better. Ceramic vs Graphene Ceramic for a daily driver?

4 answers to this question

You ideally will put the coating on immediately after you do the correction, otherwise you're going to have to strip wash, decontaminate, and prep again.

Don't forget about the extended cure time AFTER applying the coating.

My best advice is to go one panel at a time, completely start to finish.  There's no problem doing a vehicle like this if your OCD can tolerate it.

Are you wanting to use Ceramic Spray or Graphene Spray Coating? If so I would machine polish (paint correction) on as many panels as you have time for, then do your Surface prep wipe down then apply your choice of Spray Coating. Next time repeat until done. Not the ideal process but I think it would work. Thoughts?

I split a pickup a while back.  I was able to do the entire cab one weekend and then two weekends later the box and a few additional items on the lower front end.  It did look a bit goofy for a couple of weeks, but the end result was excellent.

@UTVol I am going in a different direction.  I would say correct the whole car, then once it is all done wash and clean with Surface Prep, and apply the coating all at one time.  That way there is only one coating applicator to use and one towel that is used to wipe the coating.

If you HAVE to apply protection, then what ever wax you have on hand or available locally with be fine until you have it all corrected.  The Surface Prep should remove the temporary wax.