Customer Service 866.965.0400

Reuse towels with Ceramic Detail spray?

MatthewAMEL

Question

Greetings all!

Getting a batch of Ceramic Detail Spray to maintain my Graphene coated cars.

I know not to re-use the towels I used to apply the coating, but what about the towels used with the detail spray?

The whole 'microscopic particles of glass' thing has me edgy. :D

3 answers to this question

Yep, as Michael and Chris stated, you can re-use towels with Graphene Detail Spray without issue, as long as you wash and maintain the towels properly.

A little more in-depth for anyone curious...

Products that we DO NOT recommend re-using towels or applicators after application:
- Ceramic Paint Coating 50ml
- Ceramic Wheel Coating 50ml
- Ceramic Black Trim Restorer 50ml
- Graphene Ceramic Coating 60ml

The coatings above can and will harden into the towels and applicators, and you will be able to feel them become more coarse. They can absolutely scratch vehicles if you attempt to re-use them on paint. Once my suede towel/single soft/borderless gray/edgeless utility towel is used to remove one of the ceramic coatings above, I downgrade the towel to cleaning my garage floor, wiping up spills, etc. If you are very careful and fold the towels into fourths and only use certain sides, you MAY be able to use any unused "sides" of the towel on a second vehicle, but you always risk the chance of a hardened folded edge contacting the vehicle and scratching it, so it's usually not worth saving the $5-$10 or so to me to risk damaging a vehicle.

With our Ceramic Spray Coating, UV Ceramic Spray Coating, Ceramic Coating Wax, and Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating, I have not had issue re-using towels and applicators, provided that I soak them for a few hours after use in some Microfiber Revitalizer or Towel & Pad Revitalizer mixed into a bucket of water, and then wash them properly (as in how Chris linked the article above). The spray coatings do not seem to harden and crystallize into the towels and applicators as easily as the glass bottle coatings above.

Lastly, our Sio2 and graphene-oxide infused products are safe to re-use towels as well, but the towels can eventually become hydrophobic and repel liquids as Michael mentioned. These products include:

- Ceramic Boost
- Ceramic Liquid Wax
- Ceramic Waterless
- CS3
- Graphene Detail Spray

I hope that clears things up and makes it a little easier to understand :)