Customer Service 866.965.0400

Air Cannon Hose Coupler

Just wondering if Adam's has ever thought of making a coupler to put two of the air cannon hoses together? I have 3 air cannons mounted to the wall and I  don't really like taking them down but Im always just a tad short on the hose and could just make it to where I wanted to be with just a little bit more hose. If there was a coupler that we could join two hoses together so I could add a 16ft hose to the 30ft hose it would be great! Adding tow 30ft hoses together would be cool as well. 

Hi Jonathan! That's a cool idea for sure that I can pass along; however there could be some drop in airflow adding more length to the hose, and we would need to make sure any coupler is 100% sealed as well. 

I'll bring it up to the product development team as a recommendation, thanks!

@NuNu Here's a method to couple two vacuum or blower hoses, keeping in mind that with an extended length the airflow will be reduced as Dan point out.

Get a PCV straight connector that your hose will fit on the outside of.  Make sure the size is as close as possible and if needed you can use some warmth to get the hose to expand or stretch a tiny amount, but don't force it as they will will tear or split.    As for getting it airtight, use plastic hose clamps as the metal ones will cut into the hose and eventually cause it to rip (no need to ask me how I know).

As an added sealant you can run a bead of bathtub calk where the two hoses butt against each other and you should be set for multiple years.

56 minutes ago, RayS said:

@NuNu Here's a method to couple two vacuum or blower hoses, keeping in mind that with an extended length the airflow will be reduced as Dan point out.

Get a PCV straight connector that your hose will fit on the outside of.  Make sure the size is as close as possible and if needed you can use some warmth to get the hose to expand or stretch a tiny amount, but don't force it as they will will tear or split.    As for getting it airtight, use plastic hose clamps as the metal ones will cut into the hose and eventually cause it to rip (no need to ask me how I know).

As an added sealant you can run a bead of bathtub calk where the two hoses butt against each other and you should be set for multiple years.

I guess making something work is a option. I’d just like it if I could say remove the flat nozzle off the end of the hose then install another small extension hose then put the nozzle back on. You get what I’m saying? If there was a easy coupler I could slap the hose on and off when needed and not have to store it on the hose hanger that is made of the blaster mount. I’m like 10ft short of what I need so I guess if not a coupler a 40ft hose option would be nice as well.

• 2 months later...
On 11/20/2020 at 5:21 PM, Dan@Adams said:

Just a quick update: I spoke to Phil and he's going to talk to our manufacturer to see if they would manufacture a coupler for us! 

Anymore word on this Dan? I appreciate it ..... just wondering if it is still a possibility 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 12:01 PM, NuNu said:

Anymore word on this Dan? I appreciate it ..... just wondering if it is still a possibility 

I followed up with product development, and they are working on it, but not 100% sure if this will come into production though. That's all I have to update right now.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok ....make one and put the word graphene on it then haha. Just checking in once and a while on this. Kinda getting use to pulling the machine off the wall and rolling it around instead of just having a longer hose. No worries and Happy Holidays! 

• 8 months later...