Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene coating on satin finished wheels

Irish89rmf

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi Bob, great question! Do you have a close-up picture of the wheels that you could share? 

You will be fine to coat the wheels as long as they are a smooth finish to the paint/powder coat, but keep in mind that it may very slightly change the color/richness of the finish. Make sure that you thoroughly wipe it off of the wheel surface after it flashes, just as you would do on paint, chrome, glass, etc. It should not give them any more shine though as long as you wipe away all of the coating residue.

Lastly, make sure to have the tires mounted and balanced first if you plan on coating the inner barrel of the wheels, otherwise the wheel weights used for balancing can have difficulty sticking. We have seen where wheel weights will fall off if they are applied after a wheel has been ceramic coated.

Nice wheels! Yep, you should be able to coat those no problem. I would do a test area on the inside barrel of one just to be sure. The coating will go on glossy, but once you wipe it away after a few minutes, it should leave the finish near identical to before the coating was applied.

I have Satin Finish wheels on my Charger. I use CS3 on them every few washes. Probably once a month they get spray coated. In Between I use Detail spray.

So my technic is I wash the wheels and tires with Wheel and Tire cleaner, the purple stuff works great, once a month I'll use wheel cleaner or Iron remover just to see if there is any brake dust build up.

Then I use a leaf blower to dry the tires and wheels. After I finish the rest of the car , jams , detail spray drying agent etc. I'll grab a bucket with a lid and use it as a seat and go around each wheel with either Detail spray or CS3 and give them a coat. It takes about 5 minutes to do all the wheels. I go back around with Tire Dressing I use VRT As I totally enjoy the Satin finish.

Once you use this process , your wheels have a heard time keeping brake dust on them. I can wash my wheels most of the time with just a tire bucket filled with Car Shampoo and a Micro fiber towel. The Tires also stay very clean and super easy to clean after you keep up with them. Soap and water and I may or may not re dress them after each wash depending on how they look after I air dry them.

F6359C98-A666-4661-B9C2-059339F5F120.jpeg