Customer Service 866.965.0400

Planning to Apply Ceramic Spray

TR6speed

Question

Ok, I applied the original Ceramic Spray the one in the original kit that was the first one out even before the UV maybe 6 months ago to my 2007 Corvette that spend most of it time in the garages.  Now it does not get washed that much but I do keep it clean with the waterless and the CS3.  Seeing we really have not had many events to go to the car like I said spends a lot of time in the garage.  Now to make matters worst, by 22 year old grand some was over for a birthday celebration and a few days letter he felt bad and tested positive for COVID, so with nothing else to do I thought I would redo the ceramic.

So my plan is, used my Swirl Killer with the One Step pad and One Step polish and do a complete polish as I understand this will remove the older coating.  Then I will follow that up with the Surface prep and then the Ceramic UV Spray.  Then 24 hours later apply the Ceramic Boost.  Can I cover the car between the coating and boost phases and also does this seem like the correct steps to get a good fresh coat of the ceramic on the car?

13 answers to this question

Agreed on waiting 4 hours for the spray is all that's needed. Why do you want to cover it?

Yes, those steps are good, maybe with the exception of clay/decon. Recoating it can resemble starting over to get the best, longest lasting results.

Post some pics when you're done! And best wishes to your grandson on a speedy recovery, and that you're ok, too.

9 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Agreed on waiting 4 hours for the spray is all that's needed. Why do you want to cover it?

Yes, those steps are good, maybe with the exception of clay/decon. Recoating it can resemble starting over to get the best, longest lasting results.

Post some pics when you're done! And best wishes to your grandson on a speedy recovery, and that you're ok, too.

I usually keep the car covered even in the garage just as a dust cover actually.  No one around here uses their front doors everyone comes and goes through the garage, so the overhead door goes up around 6 am when I take my dog for his morning walk and stay open until the evening.

I was going to do the baggy test before I got started, but I did a good clay with my Adams Mitt prior to the last and original ceramic spray, so hopefully with teh little driving and being cover most of the time it will not need it.

I will post some pictures when done.  As I said I have nothing to do so I plan to take my time.

I keep mine covered in the garage too Jack.  I have to tell you that I have my Vette Ceramic coated............and it looked fantastic. But then I got the Graphene Detail Spray and applied that one day to try it and the difference was really noticeable.  I mean it went from shiny to WET.  DEEP wet.  Like it was dipped in resin. I go to a weekly car cruise with my buddies on Sunday nights and they all know my car.  Every one of them actually asked me what I did to it.   White paint isn't the easiest to make pop, but it sure did with the GDS.  Might be something you would want to try at some point.  

Save the Wave buddy.  

8 hours ago, TR6speed said:

I usually keep the car covered even in the garage just as a dust cover actually.  No one around here uses their front doors everyone comes and goes through the garage, so the overhead door goes up around 6 am when I take my dog for his morning walk and stay open until the evening.

I was going to do the baggy test before I got started, but I did a good clay with my Adams Mitt prior to the last and original ceramic spray, so hopefully with teh little driving and being cover most of the time it will not need it.

I will post some pictures when done.  As I said I have nothing to do so I plan to take my time.

Gotcha. To clarify, I didn't mean why cover it at all, just wondering why you wanted to cover right after coating, for example to keep dust off before using a boost (which you don't need to do). Enjoy!

QQs - What is the ideal temperature for Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating vs. the Graphene Ceramic Coating?  I have just completed a paint correction on a black Benz and debate which of the two to use.  GCSC  (9H) takes 4 hours to cure vs. GCC (10H) takes 24 hours.  The daytime temperatures in ATX will be mid-70s and lows around 38 degrees.  This will be done in a closed garage and I do have a propane space heater to use in the evening if needed.  Just looking for best practices and guidance before jumping on it today!

3 hours ago, jeverton said:

QQs - What is the ideal temperature for Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating vs. the Graphene Ceramic Coating?  I have just completed a paint correction on a black Benz and debate which of the two to use.  GCSC  (9H) takes 4 hours to cure vs. GCC (10H) takes 24 hours.  The daytime temperatures in ATX will be mid-70s and lows around 38 degrees.  This will be done in a closed garage and I do have a propane space heater to use in the evening if needed.  Just looking for best practices and guidance before jumping on it today!

50°-85/90°F are great, so you're definitely in that range. It will flash and start to cure faster in higher heat and humidity.