Customer Service 866.965.0400

Correcting Polish (orange) is no longer available?

Dinomax1

Question

Hi All -

I just ran out of Orange Correcting Polish, I went to reorder and have found out that Adams no longer has it. They also no longer have orange DA pads.

This polish and pad has proven to be my favorite combination....and it always produces great results. I wrote to Adams and they now recommend a

combination of compound and polish to get the same results as the correcting polish. My concern is that the compound will be too aggressive on my clear coat...and using just finishing polish may not be aggressive enough to get out some scratches.

Do any of you have any thoughts or feedback on life without correcting polish?  Why would Adams no longer sell such a great product and the orange pads?

Any feedback will be welcomed.

5 answers to this question

Adam's changed to a 2-Step system about a year ago for a variety of reasons. One reason to simplify the process, and to take advantage of changing technology. Still, CP was and is a great polish, many customers miss it. But I've had some great success with the Polish and Compound, as well. The Compound basically takes the place of the HCC and CP, while Polish is similar to the FP.

I can also say Adam's does listen to our customers, and we've received lots of feedback on it being discontinued. No promises, but we'll see what the future holds. For now, give the 2-step or even Sprayable Compound a try, you mitt like it. If not, let Adam's know!

I'm on my last bottle of Orange Correcting Polish and have now reserved it just for my personal vehicles.  I don't know what the outcome will be when I run out and have to tell Mary I'm not using the best on her vehicle - Either Chris or I - maybe both, will be in trouble.

I have also been using the Scratch and Swirl Remover using the Machine instructions on the product web page with my Orange pads and it works very nicely.  It is about as close as you can come to the OCP in my opinion.  The Scratch and Swirl Remover also excellent by hand for the small areas that you need to get touched up.

On 12/1/2020 at 7:35 PM, RayS said:

I'm on my last bottle of Orange Correcting Polish and have now reserved it just for my personal vehicles.  I don't know what the outcome will be when I run out and have to tell Mary I'm not using the best on her vehicle - Either Chris or I - maybe both, will be in trouble.

I have also been using the Scratch and Swirl Remover using the Machine instructions on the product web page with my Orange pads and it works very nicely.  It is about as close as you can come to the OCP in my opinion.  The Scratch and Swirl Remover also excellent by hand for the small areas that you need to get touched up.

Scratch & Swirl Remover is more aggressive than the orange Correcting Polish, and you can feel the slight grit to it in your fingers, so it may not always finish down as nice as the orange Correcting Polish. On the piano black plastic door pillars on my car, it left micro scratches in them that I then had to use the white Polish to remove them, so just keep that in mind.

To me, the current blue Compound and blue foam pad would be a closer equivalent to the old orange/orange combo, but that is just my experience on the vehicles I've used it on. Then moving up to the Microfiber Cutting Pad or One Step Pad with the blue Compound definitely cuts more.