Customer Service 866.965.0400

POLL: Need your feedback on bottle size!

Sprayer bottle size  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Sprayer bottle size

• Upgrade to 20-24oz
    • Stick with 16oz
    • Other (please specify below in a post)

We are kicking around a few ideas right now and need to tap into our most valuable resource - you!

If you had the option of going with larger spray bottles, say 20-24oz, would you prefer it? Less need to refill, not worrying about running out half way through a detail, etc.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are kicking around a few ideas right now and need to tap into our most valuable resource - you!

If you had the option of going with larger spray bottles, say 20-24oz, would you prefer it? Less need to refill, not worrying about running out half way through a detail, etc.

Hrmmm...for the detail spray, absolutely. I actually was looking at ways to get a larger spray setup for the detail spray, like a bucket with hose and sprayer attachment, possibly even pressurized! A larger bottle would help ;)

Hm, the 'squirt' bottles I think are good at 16 ounces because the find a happy medium between size and price and aren't used as liberally as the spray bottles.

larger spray bottles would be good if you have a large or multiple vehicles to do at once and don't feel like refilling the bottle, but I'm happy with the current size (I think it's appealing to have all the bottles be the same size)

would you just be adding a bigger spray bottle or completely phasing out the 16 ounce spray bottle?

I current have your Red Detail bag and and the 16 oz bottles fit in it just right. I carry, a can of In & Out, Detail Spray, Glass Cleaner and Undercarriage Spray in the main section along with a small vac. for carpet touch up. three sponges and my microfiber towels. In the one of the sides I have Leather Conditioner and VRT and the other the Metal Polish 1 & 2. In the front pocket I have a few different brushes and microfiber gloves. So if you went to the larger bottles, I would probably not be able to carry what I feel I need.

I use the 16 oz. bottle at shows and home. When it gets low, I refill from my gallon. Some days it gets so hot at the shows, so I don't want to be toting around a bigger bottle. Pain in the butt. Plus, like TR6speed said, the bottles fit in the detail bags. 24 oz. will just be too big. Stick with the 16 oz. :thumbsup:

good points guys, but consider something like windex or bathroom cleaner, etc. a standard size bottle of windex is 26 ounces. however your point on fitting in the detail bag remains valid, but I use the bag to bring stuff I need to shows. the larger bottle would stay home.

i guess i'm on the fence on this one

I'd say limit the larger bottle size to a few select items that you use a LOT of:

Glass Cleaner

Detail Spray

Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner

Leather Cleaner

Also, offer it in the larger bottle as well as the regular one. I agree that for mobility sake, the smaller one is better, but for home when I am drying a car, polishing a car, waxing a car, and then wiping it down again, detail spray in a larger bottle would be great. Also, aside from the glass cleaner and the detail spray, the other two I listed are used at home usually, not at shows or such, so a larger bottle would be more convenient.

I'd like to submit adding the under carriage spray to that list. I used almost a half a bottle on the Dodge, last weekend. It's got big wheel wells + add the bumper valance and license plate recess and that's a lot of area to cover...

You are a super gang! Thanks for your feedback! I'd like to make a designated titled thread to getting your feedback. It's priceless, and what is better than getting feedback to offer our customers EXACTLY what you want??

Would you be pleased if the 20-24oz bottle would fit in the bag? One that is short and squatty so that it is the same height as the current 16oz w/ sprayer?

Thanks again to all of you my friends!!

-Adam:thumbsup:

Why not make both? I'm thinking that a shorter fatter bottle would be more difficult to handle. I'll be sure to hold on to my 16 oz bottles and just buy the gallons to refill them.

I like the 16 oz bottles. I have purchased a couple of different gallons of your products and used your funnel to refill the original bottle(s). I tend to go thru certain products quicker than others as I am sure most do. My 2 cents is that I am all set with the current offerings. I just go 16oz for the things I don't use all that much and gallon(s) for the things I do.

Great feedback, and thanks again! Maybe we'll just introduce a bottle with professional grade sprayer, and make is a cost-effective option to add on to a gallon purchase?

The photo below is of the sprayer I use at home, and it's outstanding! I stand 2' away from the wheels, not bent over at all, and stream-spray APC a complete wheel and 285-75-16 tire in 4 pumps.

Wheel wells on the Excursion or Land Cruiser get 2-pumps of Undercarriage Spray each.

After a wash, I walk briskly along the vehicle, while still wet, and with 4-pumps, the entire side and one half of the roof get a mist of Detail Spray before drying wtih the Monster Sprayer and 24oz bottle.

When cleaning carpets, the larger size is an ABSOUTE MUST! Using the 16oz sprayer is simply inadequate, as it will be refilled 3X on any given job.

Still, I keep a 16oz bottle of DS in the door panel for 'shining while fueling' or waiting for my wife to run into Starbucks for a latte on any given morning. (The fine mist offered by the current sprayer is quite good, and just right for touch up's and regular dusting.)

I also keep the Glass Cleaner and Leather & Interior Cleaner in the 16oz bottles, as a controllable mist is essential in those applications, and the Monster Sprayer is simply overkill.

THANK YOU again for your help and input here. Our goal is simple: Have the best, most effective means of using the best, most effective products. Your input will help us to make sure we keep trying to improve!

:thumbsup: - Adam

I think that I prefer the 16 oz. bottles, i think that any bigger will cumbersome, when putting on DS, I hang the bottle on my pants, a bigger bottle will have my pants draggin' on the floor! :lolsmack:

Bluezey:patriot:

Ditto - I could not have said it any better

You tell us! We are thinking of upgrading the bottle size on the most used products. Detail Spray, Undercarriage Spray, and All Purpose Cleaner.

I think you should keep the 16 oz bottles and make an option for 32 oz.

I like the idea of a high quality garden type sprayer, pump it up once and use it with whatever product you want, undercarriage spray for example, walk around the car and spray under wheel wells without bending over. Make it about 1.2 gallons. so you can use a full gallon when the sprayer gets low, but not out.

After reading through this thread it is obvious to me that different vehicle owners have different application needs. The big truck guys have such large inner fender wells that are very accessible and you could stand back a few feet and spray the wheel wells with a larger sprayer. But, I just don't see that happening very well with a Corvette, especially if it has been lowered.

I think I would offer an empty larger spray bottle that could be filled with a number of different products. The customers that have the need will buy it, the ones that don't won't.

Since I own Corvettes, I like the current 16 oz size. I buy most of my stuff by the gallon and refill the 16 oz bottles. If I am going to do more than one Vette in the same day, which does not happen very often, I make sure I have two 16 oz bottles filled with DS before I get started. If I get low, I just grab the second bottle.

Rich