Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Paste Wax: your thoughts....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my question about layering over a sealant. As everyone knows sealants durability is great but it lacks the WOW factor that you can get from a good carnuba. Now I always hear people putting a coat of carnuba over the sealant to give the paint that WOW factor, but I always wonder how that is possible because if you put something on that doesn't shine the best and then go over it with something that does shine how is it going to come thru the first coat? If that makes any sense? It's like putting tint on a light bulb and then putting a clear film on there to make it brighter, it doesn't work.

Edited by Loud Pedal

This is my question about layering over a sealant. As everyone knows sealants durability is great but it lacks the WOW factor that you can get from a good carnuba. Now I always hear people putting a coat of carnuba over the sealant to give the paint that WOW factor, but I always wonder how that is possible because if you put something on that doesn't shine the best and then you put something on that does shine how is it going to come thru the first coat? If that makes any sense? It's like putting tint on a light bulb and then putting a clear film on there to make it brighter, it doesn't work.

I'm not sure how it works, but it does. Its not that sealants lack shine, in all honesty they tend to look too shiney to me, they lack depth and warmth. To describe it I think sealants tend to have a "plastic" or lifeless look to them alone. The top layer of carnuba gives the added depth and life that the sealants lack.

I guess getting down to it, you have to define your terms - what does shiney, deep, wet, warm, etc mean to you in terms of paint finishes.

My primary concern is reaction across layers... does MSW or BW have any properties in them that would adversely affect the finish of Americana.

I'm not sure how it works, but it does. Its not that sealants lack shine, in all honesty they tend to look too shiney to me, they lack depth and warmth. To describe it I think sealants tend to have a "plastic" or lifeless look to them alone. The top layer of carnuba gives the added depth and life that the sealants lack.

I guess getting down to it, you have to define your terms - what does shiney, deep, wet, warm, etc mean to you in terms of paint finishes.

My primary concern is reaction across layers... does MSW or BW have any properties in them that would adversely affect the finish of Americana.

I guess that's my point, why would you put MSW or BW down before the Americana if the paste is better in every category. Shine, depth, warmth, durability, etc. Now I've done my fair share of combining products and testing different methods so I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that at all! This is just me trying to be a scientific thinker, and only that! This is a question and not a statement, but if you cover a surface with something that causes less shine or depth or whatever it is you're after, and then going over it with something that creates shine, depth, or whatever seems worthless since your not putting it on the original surface that you're working on. And I have got to be the only person that understands what I am saying. haha

I VERY highly doubt knowing how Adam works by my dealings with him here that he would put out a product that wasn't 100% safe to use with his other products. I imagine he would never guarantee it to work with other mfg's products but I have had good luck using them all together so far.

Cheers,

Chris

I guess that's my point, why would you put MSW or BW down before the Americana if the paste is better in every category. Shine, depth, warmth, durability, etc. Now I've done my fair share of combining products and testing different methods so I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that at all! This is just me trying to be a scientific thinker, and only that! This is a question and not a statement, but if you cover a surface with something that causes less shine or depth or whatever it is you're after, and then going over it with something that creates shine, depth, or whatever seems worthless since your not putting it on the original surface that you're working on. And I have got to be the only person that understands what I am saying. haha

I understand exactly what your saying...I was just going to start a thread posting the same question. Maybe someone will chime in here with the correct answer to this "mystery".

I went right over my coats of wax... Whether right or wrong...

Adam didn't tell me any different when he gave it to me.

Chris

You did it perfect Chris! (Did we get you the app yet?)

We sold the entire first batch today, and will be pouring batch number 2 this weekend . . . . .

You did it perfect Chris! (Did we get you the app yet?)

We sold the entire first batch today, and will be pouring batch number 2 this weekend . . . . .

Hey Adam's congratulations! I hope this product does well for you. I know I helped and bought .08 % of the batch! :thumbsup: (there was 250 right?)

I have been telling Adam for the last 4 years to develop the Paste Wax, I have it on order to use, and just like most of us, antisipate a great product; but some of you are going over the edge, it seems that some of you are so excited, that you must be using it as a sexual lubricant.:lol:

JP

Edited by Jon P. Nusbaum

I have been telling Adam for the last 4 years to develop the Paste Wax, I have it on order to use, and just like most of us, antisipate a great product; but some of you are going over the edge, it seems that some of you are so excited, that you must be using it as a sexual lubricate.:lol:

JP

It's true! JP, it was you who originally suggested the Paste, and now, FINALLY, it came together. Thank You My Friend, and to all who suggested we do a Paste.

We sold over 350 tubs in the first day, and that's officially our most successful product launch we have ever had.

It took forever to tweak, then finally, once right, getting the tub, applicator, and scent dialed was an undertaking!

Thanks JP, and everyone else who suggested we work on a Paste.

Now it's time for your input! :rockon:

It's true! JP, it was you who originally suggested the Paste, and now, FINALLY, it came together. Thank You My Friend, and to all who suggested we do a Paste.

We sold over 350 tubs in the first day, and that's officially our most successful product launch we have ever had.

It took forever to tweak, then finally, once right, getting the tub, applicator, and scent dialed was an undertaking!

350X70= :willy:

Congrats Adam! I'm not surprised, though, having seen the results first-hand -- Thats a great product you have there. :banana:

Rich

Since I am not the professional that most of these guys are on here, you will have to take my praise at face value. I have used Adams Products now for over 4 years on my pride and joy my 32 Ford Sedan. I have learned a lot from the videos and even more from a friend and this forum and most recently from Adam at the clinic in PA. I started out with doing everything by hand, then bought the PC and then went to the Fine Machine Polish and Machine Super Wax. I have used the MSW for the past year or so and love the shine and durability. I even did my wife's Intrigue last June before our daughters wedding. I spent last Sunday showing my new son-in-law the benefits of claying, polishing and then I used the Americana wax for the first time. While I don't have the eye for the depth of shine like some here, I can tell you that when we backed that car out into the sunshine I could not believe my eyes. I never noticed the metal flake in the paint until then. It is a new Ford Fusion and it looked fantastic. I have never had a wax go on and off so easy and that includes the Buttery Wax. After being totally exasperated by Griot's Best of Show wax Buttery Wax was a great relief in application. Well this new wax is so much better. Of course I can't speak for how well it holds up yet, but man it was a pleasure to apply and take off. The look of the car was fantastic and unfortunately he took off to go back home before I thought of taking a picture. I can't wait to get a coat of this wax on my new G8 and then the 32.

I am sure Adam will speak to what should be done to apply, but I plan on doing a Fine Machine Polish to the G8 before putting a layer of Americana on it because I want it to stick. Everybody is right about it smelling great, but all of Adams stuff smells good. Adam told me that the smell does nothing to make it look better or last longer, but I told him that we are humans who love to use all of our senses.

I am sure we will hear more from the experts about this wax after they use it, but here is one amateur that is sold on it. I used almost none of the wax on the whole car and the new applicator is so nice to use.

I just recently experienced an unusual event with a guy at work asking me to allow him and his fiance to have pictures taken with the 32 for the engagement pictures. Wow what a thrill to see that his fiance was really excited to have pictures taken with my car. The car looked great and I have Adams Products to thank for it.

HOME RUN ADAM!

Edited by McDuff

:lurk: I get that MSW is more of a sealant and usually lasts longer than wax. But I'm with you, if the paste has more durability and lasts longer over MSW why use MSW?

:lurk: I get that MSW is more of a sealant and usually lasts longer than wax. But I'm with you, if the paste has more durability and lasts longer over MSW why use MSW?

As Adam stated in another thread, the MSW is a sealant. The Americana may last longer, but from what I understand the MSW offers a level of protection that is further augmented by the Americana. You could use just the Americana if you'd like, but I know personally I will be layering the Americana over the MSW. :2thumbs:

Hi Jack! Great question, and we found in testing that the shine is a little deeper, and it seems to be more of a shell, similar to that on an M&M candy.

Does that make sense? If you are happy with your shine, and the work involved to achieve it, stick with it!

We only introduce products that perform differently than the ones before. Butter is easy, but doesn't have super durability. SuperWax, which is really a sealant, lasts and provides a deep shine. It's not as easy to use as the Buttery. The Americana is pretty easy to use, especially when applied thin, and two coats of it will outlast one coat of SuperWax.

We need to re-name the Super-Wax, "Machine Sealant."

Then, we'll have a Liquid Wax, (Buttery) and a Paste Wax, (Americana) which is more up to a detailer's preference.

The experience of waxing with a Paste is different, and seems somewhat addictive. I haven't waxed with Buttery or MSW since we started this project last year.

Seems rubbing the foam applicator over the slippery finish of the Paste, an thinly applying a coat by hand just gives me the jollies!:banana:

I hope this explains it, and thanks for your excellent question!

-Adam:2thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I used the Americana wax on my 1963 black Corvette before a show this weekend. Several people that know the car asked me if I had painted it recently, it seemd to have a deep shine. I then let a customer (I am a dealer) try some of mine on his hood and he came back and bought a jar.

Creates a real deep shine, rather than just a gloss.

I used the Americana wax on my 1963 black Corvette before a show this weekend. Several people that know the car asked me if I had painted it recently, it seemd to have a deep shine. I then let a customer (I am a dealer) try some of mine on his hood and he came back and bought a jar.

Creates a real deep shine, rather than just a gloss.

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

• 2 weeks later...