Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Paste Wax: your thoughts....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed today that holes are forming in mine like it is slowly disintegrating, it's only the second time I've used it

Same here 3 rd time using It yesterday and all i saw was little particiles of the red foam all in the wax. The applicator had seriously desintergrated.

Are you are scrubbing the applicator pad across the car when applying the wax?

Contact Ashley and she will send you a new applicator pad.

No !!! Just light spin in the container and light swipes across the paint . It was fine when I put it back in the container . When I went to use it on my friends M5 yesterday there were little red foam particiles in the container.

I already emailed about it . Thanks Junkman

Well on my end thats a no on both counts . As it is desintergrating and not ripped . The first car is my wifes Pacifica which after claying and light polish was given 2 coats. When I went to use it on my friends freshly clayed and polished M5 when I opened the jar a lifted out the applicator I saw all of there red particles.

Well on my end thats a no on both counts . As it is desintergrating and not ripped . The first car is my wifes Pacifica which after claying and light polish was given 2 coats. When I went to use it on my friends freshly clayed and polished M5 when I opened the jar a lifted out the applicator I saw all of there red particles.

Must be something wrong with the foam not biggie one of the adams crew will send you a new one.

Usually foam applicators disintegrate because whatever product they're applying contains a petroleum in one form or another (in the case of wax, petroleum is used to help with spreading. In higher end waxes, the petroleum is replaced with fruit oils or sugars). After using the applicator once, rinse it thoroughly with APC/GWC and store it outside of the wax container.

I believe the problem with removing the Americana wax was either due to the paint being hot, or not letting the was dry to a haze. I have used Buttery Wax for a long time, and it is very easy to remove. I have done a number of cars with the American Paste Wax and have found it as easy to remove as Buttery. You do have to let it dry to a haze, then remove it. I do two thin coats removing the wax each time after letting it dry, and find it easy to remove. Again, give it 20 - 30 minutes to dry before removing. Also, I do not recommend putting it on a hot car, even though it would not damage anything. My reason is more for ease of use.

Again the results are amazing. My black Corvette has a real depth to the color as well as a Nassau Blue car I have used it on.:glasses:

I have to agree with Stingray because we just did my buddies Cobra and after claying and polishing I put the Americana on real thin over the whole car. After letting it dry for about 20 minutes, he wiped off one side and I wiped off the other. I asked him if he thought it was hard to get off and he said it was easy. I have followed a lot of tips that are given on this forum and they sure work. I especially love the hand in the plastic baggie tip. I still can't believe the difference over a bare hand on the paint. My buddy couldn't believe the paint on the Cobra with his hand in a baggie. Thanks again to all of the experts on this forum and of course all of the Adams Products because my cars have never looked better!

I have to agree with Stingray because we just did my buddies Cobra and after claying and polishing I put the Americana on real thin over the whole car. After letting it dry for about 20 minutes, he wiped off one side and I wiped off the other. I asked him if he thought it was hard to get off and he said it was easy. I have followed a lot of tips that are given on this forum and they sure work. I especially love the hand in the plastic baggie tip. I still can't believe the difference over a bare hand on the paint. My buddy couldn't believe the paint on the Cobra with his hand in a baggie. Thanks again to all of the experts on this forum and of course all of the Adams Products because my cars have never looked better!

We're on our third consecutive 80+ sunny day up here :D

Again, give it 20 - 30 minutes to dry before removing.

You're talking about Buttery Wax here, right? If you leave Americana on the car that long, regardless of how hot or cold it is, you're gonna have an adventure removing the residue

stonecarver.jpeg

Edited by GerryC