Customer Service 866.965.0400

Newbie Here

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome. Saw parts of SE Alaska while on a cruise and loved every second of it. I'd move up there if I could get a job with relocation package. I bet it is difficult to keep a vehicle clean up there. You'll probably be one of Adam's best customers in no time.

Wow, you all really make a person feel welcome. Thanks!

No I am not one of those "crazy crab fishermen" but I use to be one of those crazy fish cops that boarding crab boats. Was good times.

If ya ever visit Alaska your welcome to stay at my place. No its not an igloo, its a modern home, heck it even has 3 in door toilets. You can take Bear and Moose pictures from my upper deck and watch the silvers and king salmon swim up stream. Just let me know, I work a two weeks on and have two weeks off working on the North Slope.

OK I admitt the hot sunshine you folks have down south of the boarder (Canadian) sure can be tempting espeically during our long winter months... but I never seem to grow tired of living here. Although last summer the temptation became to great, and my girl friend and I rode the the other American ICON (Harley Dresser) round trip to Sturgis 8500 miles, we had a blast and loved the 90F weather, still we were glad when we got back home. Sadly the last of my sunburn has almost completely faded away. lol

I am gonna order the Machine Detail Kit, but I read somewhere there is a air gun buffer but I can't remember where I saw it. What do you all recommend? Air or electric?

Besides the detail kit anything else you'd recommend thats not in the kit?

Shine On!

Thanks

Jim

Loud Pedal-

Thanks, I agree.

I was trying to avoid the extension cord issues. Guess I'll just pick up a heavier dedicated extension cord. Nice looking Vette by the way. What are you running for exhaust?

Jim

Thanks Jim! Unfortunately the Vette is showroom stock and doesn't have the available dual mode exhaust. My last C6 was hopped up and I had Borla Stingers on it. I was going to do a nice heads/cam package on this one but I'm wanting to go another route. So the car is for sale right now if you know anyone looking!

Loud Pedal-

I thought you'd have something interesting for exhaust because of your website name. lol

I doubt I could afford your 08, but I gotta ask what your asking? Whats kind of accessories? How many miles? I looked at a new Vette here at the dealership and they wanted $48k. It is a soft top, with auto, and HUD, and that was about it.

I am gonna try some tweeking on my 2000 since I actually got a pretty sweet deal. Then I am gonna put her up for sale and see what happens. If she sales and I make some extra money it will allow me to move up a couple of years. What the heck, all I can do is see what happens. If no buyers, then I still have a sweet ride with some nice up grades. I enjoy turning a wrench. Just little things mostly I don't have the training or equipment to do big engine mods, like cam changes, etc. My mech back ground is rebuilding the old inline 6s in Jeep CJ5s and 6s. And some Harley work. lol But with the Junkmans excellent DIY guides, I can do things like painting the calipers, install seat two tone cover up grades, change out the exhaust system, replace the rubber in suspension bars, etc. All during the down time I have this winter. I tweeked an 04 Harley standard, had some paint work, and made enough off the sale to but a new 08 Ultra Glide. Wow did mean to go on so long. Let me know more about your Vette. Thanks

Jim

Ordered Adams polisher kit today. With the electric buffer. Its one thing to polish a motorcyle by hand, but I wasn't looking forward to polishing the Vette by hand. Later :pc:

Besides the detail kit anything else you'd recommend thats not in the kit?

I recommend the Green Wheel Cleaner and the Boar's Hair brush. I was a bit unsure of buying what I considered to be an expensive brush...but it is worth it. I'm sure it would work just great on either of your machines. Welcome to the site and enjoy.

Steve & Adam-

Thanks again for the welcome. I promise to get ya some pictures ASAP. Right now I m on the Slope and wont be home until May 25th.

Junkman told me about this site, and I am glad he did. You all are great. I am excited about showing you some before and after pictures of my car and Adams products. Course I'll have to throw in a couple of smouldering volcano pictures and maybe a Harley picture for good measure.

Later

Jim