Customer Service 866.965.0400

Suggestion for VRT....................

I'd like to see a more aggressive polish from Adam's. I use 3M Perfect It II for my first polish, cause it's a lot more aggressive than the "Swirl and Haze Remover". I have a black Tahoe, so I need a more aggressive polish.

I'd also like to see a better applicator pad, or maybe a bottle of VRT with an applicator pad built into the bottle. I often find it's hard to get that giant sponge into the intricate areas of my dash panels.

I'd like to see a more aggressive polish from Adam's. I use 3M Perfect It II for my first polish, cause it's a lot more aggressive than the "Swirl and Haze Remover". I have a black Tahoe, so I need a more aggressive polish.

I'd also like to see a better applicator pad, or maybe a bottle of VRT with an applicator pad built into the bottle. I often find it's hard to get that giant sponge into the intricate areas of my dash panels.

To be honest and not let too many cats out of the bag too soon: way ahead of you :2thumbs:

The only thing we aren't currently R&D'ing is the built in applicator pad for the VRT. Most tires have raised letter sidewalls that sometimes tear into the sponge and tear it to shreds after a few uses. We'd hate to sell a product that would fall apart - it's not how we do business! We need to have products that can stand up to our 110% guarantee since that's what we would want for ourselves just as much our customers! Instead what we are developing are shaped sponges for both interior and tire dressing. :2thumbs:

To be honest and not let too many cats out of the bag too soon: way ahead of you :2thumbs:

The only thing we aren't currently R&D'ing is the built in applicator pad for the VRT. Most tires have raised letter sidewalls that sometimes tear into the sponge and tear it to shreds after a few uses. We'd hate to sell a product that would fall apart - it's not how we do business! We need to have products that can stand up to our 110% guarantee since that's what we would want for ourselves just as much our customers! Instead what we are developing are shaped sponges for both interior and tire dressing. :2thumbs:

Cool.

I hear you on those sponges. My tire sponge has just about had it on one side. It's lasted a long time though. I often find it hard to apply the VRT on the door panels, being able to get around the chrome interior door handle isn't easy. I also hate applying around the interior dash area and accidentally smudging some VRT residue onto the glass.

Is it possible to make the Undercarriage spray into a foam? That would be awesome IMO. Just spray it in there and let it do it's thing. Reason is, the Undercarriage spray tends to leave streaks and not coat as well as I'd like it to. I find myself having to reach in there with a paper towel and spread the spray. Kinda hard to get all the areas.

I also wanted to mention I use the Adam's car soap with my foam gun and it rules!! I love it, suds up real well. I still use a bucket with grit guard, but that foam gun cuts times down so much.

Does Adam's carry any microfiber soap? I think that'd be cool. I often find myself wanting to wash my 2 MFWW White towels.

Edited by Mark L

I often find it's hard to get that giant sponge into the intricate areas of my dash panels.

Try this on one of your sponges; cut it from corner to corner. That way, you have a narrower end that is particularly nice to get in between the dash and windshield without getting prints and product all over the glass. It's also good for some of those tight places.

One thing I learned early...you can never have enough foam applicators!

• 3 weeks later...

So am I taking this right? You are currently working on a product to equal the 3M Perfect It? I use this also for the initial application. It would be nice to be able to buy this here. I have to run it down at an auto body supply house when its out. PM me if possible. I keep secrets well.

So am I taking this right? You are currently working on a product to equal the 3M Perfect It? I use this also for the initial application. It would be nice to be able to buy this here. I have to run it down at an auto body supply house when its out. PM me if possible. I keep secrets well.

Scratch what I said - we tested a more aggressive polish and were left with swirl marks.

After honest to goodness hard core testing of our Orange Swirl Killer pad and Swirl and Haze Remover versus our competitor's products we concluded that if you need something more aggressive than our orange pad and polish you need to go to a body shop.

We've begun to notice that people are looking for a quick and easy solution to scratches and fish eyes in their paint so they look to a highly aggressive pad and overly aggressive polish to get the job done quickly. What they end up with is low spots in clear coat, leaving behind more scratches than they've removed, and in some instances damaged rubber and plastic trim.

After countless side by side comparisons we've found that no pad or polish will out perform patience, practice, and knowledge.

Scratch what I said - we tested a more aggressive polish and were left with swirl marks.

After countless side by side comparisons we've found that no pad or polish will out perform patience, practice, and knowledge.

Guess I don't have any of those qualities. :lolsmack: The "new" ZR-1 I got had MAJOR water spotting. I used the S&H Remover with your old green pad and they really weren't going away. I had to use Perfect IT III and a rotary buffer w/ a wool pad to get rid of them. They were extreme.

Really though, I suppose this is not what Adams products are all about. Don't get me wrong, I love this stuff and won't buy anything else, but sometimes we need stouter methods and I guess we do have to resort to other measures. I appreciate your time Jason. Thanks.

Really though, I suppose this is not what Adams products are all about. Don't get me wrong, I love this stuff and won't buy anything else, but sometimes we need stouter methods and I guess we do have to resort to other measures. I appreciate your time Jason. Thanks.

That's totally fair to say! We aim to give our customers the edge over all the other products out there with ease of use and professional grade results. The difference between our polishes is they aren't necessarily geared for rotaries. We are testing compounds right now that a professional detailer with a rotary and wool pad would use.

I simply cut one of the applicator sponges into pcs the size that I need. Works great everywhere. As a side note I usually where some rubber gloves when using the VRT saves big time on the cleanup.

I simply cut one of the applicator sponges into pcs the size that I need. Works great everywhere. As a side note I usually where some rubber gloves when using the VRT saves big time on the cleanup.

Stay tuned for an improved tire sponge!

I like the sponges for use on tires and the engine compartment .But for the interior I use the microfiber applicators.I feel it gives me more control

I do the same thing!

• 3 weeks later...

You are not alone Mark! Stay tuned for some new goodies to satisfy these needs, coming soon. . . . . .

Thanks for your input!!:thumbsup: