Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant

Adam,

What's the progress and/or result on a glass sealant? When you were here in Atlanta, that test we did lasted quite a while. I know you said to make it is extremly expensive, but I think it has a place in the lineup.

Additionally, I'm facing a dilema. The windshield in the Mercedes is so pitted, that when clean, is actually a nightmare when the sun shines into it. I know we've had this conversation, "Just replace the damn thing", but wouldn't it be cool to have a product/system that first cleaned out all the pours in the surface, and then another that "filled" them in, leaving it more visible and protected from the outside elements?

Let me know what you think,

Cran

Thanks Jason!

Absolutely, the claybar does well to purge all the crap that gets into the pours, and on a newer windshield that doesn't have 83k miles on it and is driven on the most traffic ridden route in the US, works great to improve visibility and repel rain. I typically follow this up with Brillant Spray Glaze.

I actually use the clay bar and the Revive polish on the glass when i want it looking it's best and being the water off. You can also use Butter wax on it.

There is a claybar made specifically for glass but i have yet to try it and have my doubts about it being any different than normal claybar.

If the glass is pitted badly from years of use and rock chips then you really need to replace it to solve the problem. Call your insurance company they may cover it if you can convince them that it is dangerous.

I actually use the clay bar and the Revive polish on the glass when i want it looking it's best and being the water off. You can also use Butter wax on it.

There is a claybar made specifically for glass but i have yet to try it and have my doubts about it being any different than normal claybar.

If the glass is pitted badly from years of use and rock chips then you really need to replace it to solve the problem. Call your insurance company they may cover it if you can convince them that it is dangerous.

I hear ya brotha. I've tried both and unfortunately when it's pitted badly, the product fills in the pits but does not dry clear.

Don't waste your money on the glass clay....I did!

Car insurance will replace it if it has a rock chip in the view on the drivers side. They'll also replace if a rock chip occured, then spidered (not fixable by using a product). I'm thinking similar to the above post of a RainX alternative that provided superior results. Like I said, I've tried a prototype that Adam brought over to my house...I want to expand on that idea to make it even more!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...