Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chatbox?

Alec

On many of the forums I go to(I think they're Vbulletin) they have chatboxes. Basically real time chatting. Instant messaging.

Ever thought of setting one up? One of my favorite features of forums.

Edited by Alec

I disagree. I don't think there needs to be a mod for a chatbox. It works fine on every single forum I go on. Besides, this is a small forum, there wouldn't be many people in it at a time. I say try it out, see how it works and then take it from there.

Very good idea could you set it up like the chat they have on facebook. That doesnt need to be moderator since it between you and the person you are talking to and no one else. The only problem that i can see is somebody bothering you constanlty that you would not use the forumn becuase of it.

Very good idea could you set it up like the chat they have on facebook. That doesnt need to be moderator since it between you and the person you are talking to and no one else. The only problem that i can see is somebody bothering you constanlty that you would not use the forumn becuase of it.

It's actually like a group chat. Anybody signed it can view and chat. But, you have to be signed in.

Quotes from Dylan himself....

Chat rooms are fun - however very difficult to moderate. I considered loading chat software when I was building this forum but decided against it.

• Difficult to moderate out adult content
  • Lowers overall post count for forum
  • Must register the chat room with the COPPA requirements

It's just nice keeping the traffic on the forum so it's searchable and builds up our numbers. The chat room is a forum killer.

Quotes from Dylan himself....

I totally disagree. I feel that it's one of the only things missing on the forum. If somebody's in the chatbox, you can quickly ask them something instead of creating a thread and waiting for a response.

I totally disagree. I feel that it's one of the only things missing on the forum. If somebody's in the chatbox, you can quickly ask them something instead of creating a thread and waiting for a response.

That's why there is live chat on the store website. I know its not on 24 hours a day, but questions get answered fairly quickly around here.

Another thing that is nice when you create a thread people can look it up and find the answers to there question. and is someone cant find what they are looking for they can creat one and in most cases it is adress and solved some times in minutes. So a thread could almost be consider a chat. And i agree with what dylan says if they would have a hard time moderating it .

I disagree. I don't think there needs to be a mod for a chatbox. It works fine on every single forum I go on. Besides, this is a small forum, there wouldn't be many people in it at a time. I say try it out, see how it works and then take it from there.

It isn't going to happen, you are new here but stick around for awhile and you'll see why :2thumbs:

Edited by C6Bill

Hi Alec- Nice talking with you the other night, and your Supra is crazy-clean!

What forum has a chat feature, currently?

It was mentioned earlier, we do have a Live Chat at http://www.AdamsPolishes.com, so people can get questions answered immediately.

Seems most of the topics on AdamsForums get answered quickly, or, a search for an answer can be submitted with an instant reply, a link to a thread where it's been discussed.

I was unaware that a live chat was possible, warranted or realistic in a Forum setting?:confused:

Thanks! -Adam

I have to agree with Teresa. There are plenty of other forums to live chat on. And if you need to ask someone a question immediately, P.M. them. You can immediately tell if that person in online at the time by looking for the little green dot under their avatar. There are enough options here for answers about detailing questions without a chat feature.

Just my .02c.

Hi Alec- Nice talking with you the other night, and your Supra is crazy-clean!

What forum has a chat feature, currently?

It was mentioned earlier, we do have a Live Chat at www.AdamsPolishes.com, so people can get questions answered immediately.

Seems most of the topics on AdamsForums get answered quickly, or, a search for an answer can be submitted with an instant reply, a link to a thread where it's been discussed.

I was unaware that a live chat was possible, warranted or realistic in a Forum setting?:confused:

Thanks! -Adam

Hey Adam, I generally go on JDM Chicago and it's implemented nicely. Btw, I already got my uncle started on your products. The carpet cleaner was the one that impressed him.

I like to live chat but I think a live chat on AF is just calling for trouble.

People sometimes get out of hand and are not on topic.

Plus' date=' there are people that are signed up that are under the age of 18 and some of the topics go beyond PG rating. JMHO :thumbsup:[/quote']

I'm probably the youngest one here, 15. I get my license in May. Haha, I have issues paying for everything myself, especially since I don't have a job. Supra's are truly money pits. Haha, it took me a LOT of saving up.

• 7 years later...