Customer Service 866.965.0400

Corvette glass top care

Peterk

Question

12 answers to this question

I'd suggest doing the top by hand at first, starting with something milder like revive and then maybe stepping up to SHR if there are still issues you need to correct.

I don't know if C6 tops have that "glazing" issue that the C5 tops had, but in any case I'd just take it extra careful... I'm sure that lexan is much softer than the rest of the car's clear coat. :2thumbs:

Rich

Great tips here gang! I treat the plastic/ plexiglas tops on Corvettes just as I would the paint. It can get swirl marks, and if yours has them, use the Orange Swirl Killer pad and Swirl & Haze Remover.

If not, just try the Fine Machine Polish, or, if polishing by hand, the Revive Fine Hand Polish and Blue Hex Grip Applicator. Follow with wax of your choice, or sealant MSW.

I've made tops look like they were painted perfect black, that looked like they were off-white with oxidation and swirl marks!

:thumbsup:

Agreed... you can polish the top just like the rest of the car... use the least aggressive method to start and step up accordingly if the results aren't what you wanted. Definitely keep a good coat of protection on it. Machine Superwax, Buttery Wax, or Americana... any of these will protect it and help to prevent light scratches or swirls once you get it perfect.