Customer Service 866.965.0400

Simple: Is Adams a relabeled chemical guys? (NO)

ALEFCOLE

Question

Please I need the truth, how similar is ADAMS to Chemical guys. I was told 80% basic equal chemicals with 20% different additives. Is this true?. I have all the Admas collection BTW and so far satisfied, but I am coming from this post:

http://www.the370z.com/exterior-interior/17392-washed-waxed-370z-today-monterey-blue-pics-inside-2.html#post490525

I need some experts to jump in. Maybe the boss himself.

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been looking at water heaters the last couple days and I have noticed that out of all the different companies that sell them under their own name brand, there are really on a couple companies that actually do the manufacturing. So who do you go with? The cheapest? The one with the hot babes in the full page ads? The ones with the best support?

That being said, some folks just want to save a few bucks in product. But, like anything else, you get what you pay for. At Adam's you also get Adam (and Dylan, and Ashley, etc.). You can get some of the same stuff elsewhere, but you don't get the whole package.

I get some of my stuff from a local supplier (they handle mostly pro's) and I can drive over real quick when I need something. Like Adam, they have good product and customer service (but, alas, no Ashley :(). However most of my stuff comes from Adam's. I like the product, the way it's presented, and the folks behind the name (plus this forum, and folks like AJ who are always there to help). Without Adam's I wouldn't have learned the difference between detailing and a trip to the local car wash (BTW, it's all your fault I'm an addict :help:!)

Product is product. People really make the difference. I have Adam and Dylan's phone numbers on speed dial to prove it! :2thumbs:

Definition of a professional: An amateur that never quit.

Hey my family never used it they were just talking about it but I gave my dad my little 4 oz of detail spray to try it and I think I have steered him away from the Pledge crap. He wants to buy microfibers and some metal polish to use on his harley so I think I may be ordering some soon lol. I think I may take you up on that AJ lol.

I'm gonna give a little input on a Chemical Guys product I have in my shop right now that I tried out against an Adam's product today.I tried out the Chemical Guy's VRP Dressall against the VRT on tires.They dont smell the same or spread the same.The Chemical Guy's dried alot more matte vs the VRT being shiny.I much rather have the VRT that I myself can make matte and to the shine I want or need.Now coming from the business owner speaking I did go on the Chemical Guy's website last night and look around.They do seem to offer ALOT of products that are similiar to the Adam's but just diffarent pricing.

Maybe Adam will chime in on this, but I thought I had seen him respond to this somewhere, and I think the following link is what I had seen before. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/car-care-discussion/1484132-my-adams-detail-dealings-at-carlisle.html

According to the guy that posted this, he asked Adam about it, and below was Adam's response. The response was from 2006, but I doubt anything has changed.

"This has come up much, and I'm happy to get any press, let alone accusatory press! Chemical Guys doesn't manufacture chemicals, Warner makes their products. We have several contract manufacturers that make a few of our products, but nobody but Adam's sells our formulas.

I invite everyone to try the other goods, and if they like them, get

excellent service, and are happier with the results, return our goods for a 10% profit. None of the competitors have matched our guarantee, and I'm not aware of any that have a lifetime guarantee on everything they sell. Also, I'm not sure any of our competitor's founders answer questions via cell phone or email with 25 years of detailing experience.

It's funny when people think that we are raking customers for huge dollars when they compare our gallon prices to other products online. You know where and how I live. In my 900 sqft mansion across from the fairgrounds in Carlisle, there is no caviar or champagne in the fridge, just Coronas and bottles of Costco water!

I hope this sets the record straight. Adam's is Adam's, and if people want to leave us to get cheaper stuff, they weren't likely to be our customer in the first place. I've personally emailed or talked with over 50% of our customer base, and would be surprised if our competition makes that kind of connection with their customers.

If you care to quote me and post this, that's cool with me. Thanks, and have an outstanding week!

Adam Pitale

President & Founder

Adam's Polishes, Inc.

www.adamspolishes.com<!-- google_ad_section_end -->"

Adam was a bit pissed in that one wasn't he... I've never heard him so riled up before!

I'd be pretty upset as well if people were constantly making false claims about my product, but I think Adam still got his point across in a professional manner.

I've been looking at water heaters the last couple days and I have noticed that out of all the different companies that sell them under their own name brand, there are really on a couple companies that actually do the manufacturing. So who do you go with? .

AO Smith... ALL THE WAY! :thumbsup:

:D

Hey Dylan...

When redoing the website, have you thought about you or Adam writing a preamble? lol Explaining why Adams is the right choice and what makes it the right choice? Why to buy IT over the others that may (on paper) cost less?

Just a thought.

It's like my sig on my work email...

"Our better is better than their best"

Chris

i want a junkman bobblehead doll

http://www.bobblemaker.com/superman-2-custom-bobble-head

Maybe this one?

Pretty cool site! If they weren't 85 bucks I'd have one made for him! :2thumbs:

Me personally I dont care if someone claims our product is the same as theirs or visa versa. It comes down to the customer period. Its like talking to someone who drinks Pepsi and you get some guy coming up to you saying you know coke is the same thing and its cheaper, its the same indregients blah blah blah....in the end you are the customer, you are the one using the products, and you are using them on your car so who the hell cares about the other guy. If you want to spend more money to try something that they claim is "THE SAME" when you know you have a product that you are happy with sittin in your garage then go for it. Your the idiot blowing more money that way. I would rather use that money to try something from Adams condisering you dont have everything already :)

Yeah but you come from a family of Pledge users... :lolsmack:

Me personally I dont care if someone claims our product is the same as theirs or visa versa. It comes down to the customer period. Its like talking to someone who drinks Pepsi and you get some guy coming up to you saying you know coke is the same thing and its cheaper, its the same indregients blah blah blah....in the end you are the customer, you are the one using the products, and you are using them on your car so who the hell cares about the other guy. If you want to spend more money to try something that they claim is "THE SAME" when you know you have a product that you are happy with sittin in your garage then go for it. Your the idiot blowing more money that way. I would rather use that money to try something from Adams condisering you dont have everything already :)

I have always said that I will always be loyal to a company that adds value and provides a great product. Adams Polishes rate an A+ in both areas and the personal touch is second to none. Once again thanks to all that contributors on Adams Forums. This forum was a great addition for Adams Polishes and although a lot of us don't post a lot, we do log on and read every day! Thanks everyone for the information, tips and all the useful knowledge that you share with us. I am looking forward to seeing Adam, Junkman and all the forum people in Pa in two weeks!

1. Do you have your own formulas?

Yes!

2. Do you mix and package the products, or farm them out to a compounder?

Yes, every thing is bottled and packaged right in the warehouse. Guys come in at the end of the day and do the bottling, create the boxes that are shipped to you and even put the label on the bottles. It's not a super fancy operation like what you would find at a Coke bottling plant but it still makes it to your door steps just the same. Do not be surprised if you find Adam's finger prints all over your bottles. He does not hesitate to get down and dirty with the rest of the guys.

3. Do you do private labeling?

TIA

Like sell Adam's under a different label? Heck no!

Now you know!

Forgot to add

"Adam's still the only company that includes a Junkman with every purchase" :lolsmack:

You and I know better than most that all this mud slinging comes from a very specific type of individual and its usually better just left alone b/c any thread like that one on the Z forum ends badly.

AND HOW!

All I will say here is read some of my posts. And this is the first time I ever heard about this. Let me also add, I have been in the gasoline business for 31 years. Lets say you go to a Hess gas station to get gas, do you really think Hess made that gas? Think again.

I think this post made it SIMPLE to understand. Thank you guys for all the replies, I didnt mean to stir any pot, I just wanted some friendly support of this forum and I found it. Again as I said it before i have every single adams product except for the new glass sealer and i just love them.

Thanks

And you find it on any web forum for any product/idea.

Insecurity maybe? This is what I use, therfore anything else must be inferior?

You ought to see it on paintball forums when it comes to which gun is better etc. Lost track of the number of such threads I wound up locking/deleting. I guess when you drop $1500 for the latest spacegun each year, it had better be the best!:D

:) Know for a fact adam's is better.....boar hair brush I've had for like 5 months dropped two plugs of "hair" out this past weekend, doesn't really affect brush being there are about 50+ plugs but I took pics and sent to Adam and on a SUNDAY he replied back that they'd send a replacement ASAP :D GO ADAM'S!

Like Dylan stated, there's a finite amount of raw material suppliers. There are no secrets in the chemical biz, I can assure you. The difference is in the formulas. Period!

Maybe Dylan would like to answer a couple of more questions just to make things crystal clear. I'll understand if he doesn't want to answer.

1. Do you have your own formulas?

2. Do you mix and package the products, or farm them out to a compounder?

3. Do you do private labeling?

TIA

Good response Dylan! :thumbsup:

Forgot to add

"Adam's still the only company that includes a Junkman with every purchase" :lolsmack:

You and I know better than most that all this mud slinging comes from a very specific type of individual and its usually better just left alone b/c any thread like that one on the Z forum ends badly.

Archived