Customer Service 866.965.0400

thought I would say hello!

Sandra Dee

Hello yerself and welcome!

you are a detailer?

I am dealing with hard water from my well-got water spots on my black cherry color-been goin nuts so i joined here to get the low down how how to fix it. I watched one video already.:pc:

Hello and welcome...you'll love the products, you'll love how they work and you'll love the fine folks here. Post up some picts of your detaling efforts.

What products do you have so far?

Light waterspots MAY wash off...some may require polishing. Either way, we'll get ya to perfect. :thumbsup:

hello-2.gif:hi::hi:

Nice car. :thumbsup:

If after you go through some of the detailing threads and if you can not find what your looking for then start a new thread and someone will jump in and assist you. This forum is full of detailing knowledge.

The videos are great. :D

Hello and welcome...you'll love the products, you'll love how they work and you'll love the fine folks here. Post up some picts of your detaling efforts.

What products do you have so far?

Light waterspots MAY wash off...some may require polishing. Either way, we'll get ya to perfect. :thumbsup:

Wolfgang car kit-autobathe, polish,selant etc :D i just bought a gallon of the detail spray from Adam's so get rid of these darn spots. I have a polisher coming from Virginia with some products thrown in with it-these spots are a nightmare!I wash in the evening-dry right away with microfiber...the black cherry color is showing them bad....:(

hello-2.gif:hi::hi:

Nice car. :thumbsup:

If after you go through some of the detailing threads and if you can not find what your looking for then start a new thread and someone will jump in and assist you. This forum is full of detailing knowledge.

The videos are great. :D

thank you-you have a vette? AWESOME!!!!!:2thumbs:

:welcomebanner:

I have some friends in Chapel Hill.

Love that colour on the Z!

it is the southern part of heaven...I have been to Nova Scotia-loved it! went to college in maine and used to take the ship from Portland to NS-fun!

Welcome to the show, from the other new guy! :hi:

No doubt the people here will have that beautiful car of yours shining like the sun, of course your gonna have to do the work :pc::)

Welcome to the show, from the other new guy! :hi:

No doubt the people here will have that beautiful car of yours shining like the sun, of course your gonna have to do the work :pc::)

thanks and welcome to you!!!!!!!!!:hi: I am learning how to do this detail work-slowly-ha ha right now waiting for my polisher to be mailed.

I know some neurosurgeons in alaska-they love it up there! :lancer:

you are a detailer?

I am dealing with hard water from my well-got water spots on my black cherry color-been goin nuts so i joined here to get the low down how how to fix it. I watched one video already.:pc:

Just another Adamsaholic. Hard water is an issue around these parts. I have used the Mr. Clean filter (works pretty good but refills are pricey) and I put an RV water filter on my hose (don't think it helped much). Adam's soap works very well!

Have you tried this from the Junkman?

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6263

I also use the leaf blower and detail spray during the drying process. Helps a lot!

Welcome Sandra - great color for your new ride!

Getting off the water spots may be a bit fun. We also have hard water where I live.

My suggestion/technique: After the final rinse of the car (use 'flooding' if you can to reduce amt of water left on the finish), I mist the wet finish lightly with Adams Detail Spray, then dry with great white microfiber towel(s). This works for me, and it does not waterspot. The Detail Spray is supposed to help prevent the water spotting, and it also leaves the finish gleaming at the same time. I also use it to remove any fresh water spots, and so far it has not failed.

I don't know how Adams Detail Spray may get along with the Wolfgang products - sometimes different manufacturer's products don't get along well (hazing, etc), which is why I went all Adams - completely compatible, no issues. (and everything works Really Well, as advertised, even for a newbie like me).

Some folks also use an electric leaf blower to blow the water off the car and then dry the rest, so this might also be something to consider - add this in before the detail mist and dry. If all this fails, you might have to get a water softener system for use on the car. :)

Welcome Sandra - great color for your new ride!

Getting off the water spots may be a bit fun. We also have hard water where I live.

My suggestion/technique: After the final rinse of the car (use 'flooding' if you can to reduce amt of water left on the finish), I mist the wet finish lightly with Adams Detail Spray, then dry with great white microfiber towel(s). This works for me, and it does not waterspot. The Detail Spray is supposed to help prevent the water spotting, and it also leaves the finish gleaming at the same time. I also use it to remove any fresh water spots, and so far it has not failed.

I don't know how Adams Detail Spray may get along with the Wolfgang products - sometimes different manufacturer's products don't get along well (hazing, etc), which is why I went all Adams - completely compatible, no issues. (and everything works Really Well, as advertised, even for a newbie like me).

Some folks also use an electric leaf blower to blow the water off the car and then dry the rest, so this might also be something to consider - add this in before the detail mist and dry. If all this fails, you might have to get a water softener system for use on the car. :)

gotcha!:thumbsup: I just ordered a gallon of the Adam's detail spray. I tried the Mr. Clean filters and I think the etching occurred when I rinsed the first time before I used the filtered rinse.

I think there is a garden hose softener filter from Home Depot for $50-to save myself having to polish again I think I will get this thing. I have washed the car twice again and water spots are NOT coming off. The polisher is coming ---PC 7450 or something like that.:pc:

thank you so much!

Just another Adamsaholic. Hard water is an issue around these parts. I have used the Mr. Clean filter (works pretty good but refills are pricey) and I put an RV water filter on my hose (don't think it helped much). Adam's soap works very well!

Have you tried this from the Junkman?

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6263

I also use the leaf blower and detail spray during the drying process. Helps a lot!

oh now that was an eye opener! I tried a spot wash this morning and dried immediately then used detail spray-spots are still there.I will have to break it down and polish.:pc:

Sandra, if you track down a name for the garden hose softner let us know!

Cheers

you asked and here it is! This is the website for the water softener you can attach to your garden hose.

http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/gahowasoca.html

I am going to buy one because I think the water spots on my car are going to need to be polished off-they are not coming off at all and the car is THREE MONTHS old.:pc:

Sandra Dee,

Welcome. Lots of great people & info here. Interesting color on your Z, not sure I've seen it in person.

Bruce

Called black cherry-was a little extra but my last car was that bright blue in the Z and I wanted something different. it looks black in the shade but when the sun hits it, it has a warmth and depth to it in burgandy. Cops wont notice me as much I hope...lol:glasses:

Archived