Customer Service 866.965.0400

thought I would say hello!

Sandra Dee

The best drying technique using DS is to leave the car a little wet, mist with the Detail Spray, then dry with the drying towel. I have not had to deal with spotting since using this method. The secret is not letting the car dry totally. Some soaps can't be used in direct sunshine. Adam's can. It helps prevent spotting as well.

The hose filter bought came from Wallmart (RV section). CRSpotless is a much larger system but I hear it works pretty good.

Welcome to the group!!! I really do love that color. I would love to see pictures of it with the sun shining on her! :)

Good luck in getting out the water spots!

when my polisher comes and i get the spots off-i will take pics. right now i am too embarassed...:o

Another question - ( You probably are already doing this) are you washing this car when the finish is warm? I have been forced to wash my black one early in the morning (in the shade) or in the evening (in the shade) or it gets tough to keep the water spots off due to the finish being quite warm - warm paint really dries the finish too quickly.

Another question - ( You probably are already doing this) are you washing this car when the finish is warm? I have been forced to wash my black one early in the morning (in the shade) or in the evening (in the shade) or it gets tough to keep the water spots off due to the finish being quite warm - warm paint really dries the finish too quickly.

no I get home around 5pm and do not attempt to wash it until 730pm-8pm. trouble is-here in the south it is still 80 degrees outside temp. I do not have a garage so I am forced to do this in the shade....as best i can. But good thought!!! I just called a detailer that was puzzled that a new (3months old)car that has been clear coated and waxed got hard spots etched in.

Welcome Sandra.

That will help abit in solving water spots, although it requires less maintenance, how often do you wash your car? In my case, I usually wash it 3 times per week and still didn't change the cartridge or what ever you want to call it :D still looks new.

Nice car btw ;D

i have not washed it anymore since the water spot trouble-i keep it covered.i have found a detailer who does nicer cars that can help me out since I am a novice-trying to learn all this detail lingo and procedures. just have to find a day when i can zip over there and drop it off for the day and get a ride back...:(

thank you....

Might be worth a trip to the dealer. You might have a case of bad paint.

i am really starting to think so. got a water filter for the hose -came today.

hopefully once i get the car straight and waxed with spots polished out -wont get anymore spots with this filter system.

Still looking for some close up pics of the spots! (And the rest of the car, too!)

I am going to take them next Wednesday-before and after . i am so excited I can barely stand it. My boss was nice enough to let me have this day to devote to my car....:lancer:

I don't think I ever said welcome so... WELCOME!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGLxJRq-jIY&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGLxJRq-jIY&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I don't think I ever said welcome so... WELCOME!!

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGLxJRq-jIY&hl=en_US&fs=1 width=640 height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

omg! I remeber in school the kids would all sing me the sandra dee song from Grease-I would turn bright bright red. You brought back memories...:o but it is funny now. Hello to you toooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived