Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray - Clear or Pink?

Detail Spray Color  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Detail Spray Color

• Make it clear
    • Keep it pink

I Just started using Adam's detail spray and personally I'd prefer clear. Why add the dye? Love the smell though. I used Zaino's DS before and wanted to do a comparison. I started with Adam's DS and, well… Zaino didn't get a chance to go. Adam's DS wipes away to a shine much easier than Zaino; I ended up doing my whole car. I'll have to have a side to side comparison later to see if there’s a difference in performance but so far Adam's just replaced my Zaino DS.

Adams has replaced ALL my Zaino products, in fact, just pack all the Zaion stuff away this weekend.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes no difference IMO. Isn't the competitors product clear and the bottle opaque? (not that I would know):eek:

I think offering both is a mistake, too many choices sometimes make it more intimidating for the less informed, better to keep it simple.

JMO - but then again you asked ;)

RickP

Seems like the solution is obvious. Clear in a pink bottle since the reason people appear to like the pink so they don't mix it up with other stuff.

I honestly could not name the color (if they have any) of the other spray detailers I've used, and I've used a lot. (they have all been in opaque bottles. Ok I think Griots was blue in a clear bottle- but it all leaked out when I moved) If I could see it, I would probably want a color instead of clear. Why? Eh I dunno why, I just would. But if I can't see it the color of it in the bottle, all I can see is the results on the car- and then whatever stupid color the liquid was becomes quickly insignificant.

I'll give the address to send my royalty checks to.

Pink is no threat to my manhood.... ( interior decorating IS though ! )

When people at shows see me using the detail spray they always ask "What is that stuff ?? " THEN, they go out and ask for " The Pink Stuff "

Leave it the way it is !!! ;)

dv

Pink it will remain my friends! We are, however, going to change to a different type of coloring that won't turn hands pink when clay-barring.

The Goal: We don't want the Detail Spray to stain painted garage floors, clothes or carpets if (when) the product is spilled. (Happens often, requested many times, and we're working on it!)

:patriot:

• 3 weeks later...
Pink it will remain my friends! We are, however, going to change to a different type of coloring that won't turn hands pink when clay-barring.

The Goal: We don't want the Detail Spray to stain painted garage floors, clothes or carpets if (when) the product is spilled. (Happens often, requested many times, and we're working on it!)

:patriot:

That's a good compromise. Really the only reason I didn't want it pink is because it stains things.

Dont mind the pink as long as my waffle weave does not end up pink when using the Detail spray to dry the car off,

Everyone loves the color and smell .. but we do get allot of complaints about the staining .. so if it can remain pink and not stain , that would be awesome.

I like the pink b/c its easy to see on lighter colors and also gives you an idea if you got good coverage while drying with the white wwmf towel.

BUT... I have had instances while claying a white car where the pink has been a bit of a pain to get off so clear would be cool too.

I dunno... either one is fine by me i guess, but the solution you came up with meets both requirements so thats cool.

I say change it to clear or add a dye that wont stain

That's exactly what we did, after getting this feedback, and thanks!

The new dye won't stain your fingers, a towel, or carpet. Also, the new fragrance base (very similar to the old scent) is a non-oil-based fragrance, so you'll notice even better performance, especially on black, and glass.

Coming soon my friends. . . . . . . . . :2thumbs:

That's exactly what we did, after getting this feedback, and thanks!

The new dye won't stain your fingers, a towel, or carpet. Also, the new fragrance base (very similar to the old scent) is a non-oil-based fragrance, so you'll notice even better performance, especially on black, and glass.

Coming soon my friends. . . . . . . . . :2thumbs:

There's nothing wrong with better performance :D

• 2 weeks later...

Try to be speedy when I'm in town Devin, as it's obvious when I'm on the road . . . . Absent!

Paste is also coming, but needs a few more tweaks to the custom applicator pad. It's neat stuff, really, and I'm excited to share it. :patriot: