Customer Service 866.965.0400

Suggest a Show!

Hey guys! Part of my role here at Adam's is to help manage events. This thread seems to be pretty helpful at what shows have sparked your interest, but what shows are some of your favorites that we don't currently attend? 

As you all know, we have our new Freightliner M2106 Sport Chassis setup hooked up to the 48 footer gooseneck that travels to the "heavy hitter" shows (IE: Barrett Jackson, Hot August Nights, various Good Guys Shows, and this year the Grand National Roadster show). In addition, we have our trusty Ford flat bed setup with our trailer that stays on the east coast, strictly for the Carlisle shows. 

My personal show history is mostly focused in Florida as I lived there for 23 years and grew up attending Turkey Rod Run with my dad, Mopar Nationals in Ocala, Mecum Auto Auctions in Kissimmee. I would love to grow our involvement with the import/tuner side of shows and do some demos! These youngin's could use a hand learning the basics of polishing! 

1 hour ago, Kmartin729 said:

Hey guys! Part of my role here at Adam's is to help manage events. This thread seems to be pretty helpful at what shows have sparked your interest, but what shows are some of your favorites that we don't currently attend? 

As you all know, we have our new Freightliner M2106 Sport Chassis setup hooked up to the 48 footer gooseneck that travels to the "heavy hitter" shows (IE: Barrett Jackson, Hot August Nights, various Good Guys Shows, and this year the Grand National Roadster show). In addition, we have our trusty Ford flat bed setup with our trailer that stays on the east coast, strictly for the Carlisle shows. 

My personal show history is mostly focused in Florida as I lived there for 23 years and grew up attending Turkey Rod Run with my dad, Mopar Nationals in Ocala, Mecum Auto Auctions in Kissimmee. I would love to grow our involvement with the import/tuner side of shows and do some demos! These youngin's could use a hand learning the basics of polishing! 

LS fest Kyle!  

14 hours ago, Kyle@Adams said:

First off, Welcome Kyle!  I am Flo Grown myself, and as you remember from you time here, our show season is just heating up.  As for local shows here, Adam's dealer Taylor at Mint Condition Car Care seems to have the state 'on lock'!  He attends all types of shows from tuners, to C&C, and most stuff in between.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:30 PM, Kyle@Adams said:

Sturgis Camaro Rally, last weekend in June.  2017 was the 6th or 7th year...of which I have attended twice.  In 2016 Adams Polishes sponsored a special show n shine award.  But did not see any representation other than that.  This last year did not see any..  Am guessing that 200-300 Camaros is not a big enough venue?  Not being snarky...just a straightforward question/observation....

• 3 months later...

@Kyle@Adams How about something in the DC Area?  Lots of domestic and international shows bring in a lot of residents up and down the east coast.  I know Carlisle is a good 3 hours away but perhaps along the 95 corridor can be a cost beneficial show? 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again and again.  I don't get why you guys don't do the Ocean City Maryland Cruise Ins in May and October.  In May, it's over 3600 REGISTERED cars, all pre 76, plus thousands and thousands of spectators and enthusiasts. It's held at the inlet AND at the Convention Center on 40th St. There are rows of vendors at both places plus inside the CC.  The October show is a bit smaller, but still thousands of people there.  Megs is there year after year along with a couple of others selling their stuff.  It's a missed opportunity every year that passes. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw you guys were down in Miami and just figured Caffeine and Octane was posted in here somewhere. After reading through I realized it is not so here it is. This show has become really big over the last few years. Even has its own tv show on NBC sports now going on 3 seasons I think. You will find any car you can think of here. Check out some of the show clips to see the wide variety.

https://www.caffeineandoctane.com/index.php?route=common/home

• Dates - First Sunday of every month
  • City/State - Atlanta, GA
  • Number of people in attendance - 15,000+
  • Number of vehicles in attendance - 2000+
  • Types of vehicles - Free all makes and models show
  • Number of years show has existed - Good question. 10+ for sure

• 2 months later...
On 3/15/2018 at 1:44 PM, Rich said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again and again.  I don't get why you guys don't do the Ocean City Maryland Cruise Ins in May and October.  In May, it's over 3600 REGISTERED cars, all pre 76, plus thousands and thousands of spectators and enthusiasts. It's held at the inlet AND at the Convention Center on 40th St. There are rows of vendors at both places plus inside the CC.  The October show is a bit smaller, but still thousands of people there.  Megs is there year after year along with a couple of others selling their stuff.  It's a missed opportunity every year that passes. 

Just came across this thread...but I definitely agree with Rich, these are huge events that brings folks from all over.  The city caters to them as well, with discounts on food and lodging.  

A big ol Adams truck sitting in the convention center’s parking lot would draw a lot of attention for sure!

• 1 month later...

I'll add something just because I want Adam's to be close enough for me to visit. I imagine it's way too small to be worth the drive though. I plan on attending for the first time this year.

https://www.artomobiliaweekend.com/overview/

• Dates - August 25, 2018
  • City/State - Carmel, IN
  • Number of people in attendance - Their website doesn't say, I would guess a few thousand
  • Number of vehicles in attendance - 400+, according to the webstie
  • Types of vehicles - It sounds like a lot of classic/rare cars. All of the class are listed in the website
  • Number of years show has existed - This year is the 11th annual 

• 4 weeks later...

Here in Massachusetts (Foxborough to be exact) every other Thursday though the summer into the fall the MassCruisers Auto Club hosts a massive event at Bass Pro Shops in the same complex as Gillette Stadium. Average turnout is 1500-2000 cars, and a few thousand people walking the show as well. One of the great parts of this show is the club asks that any show vehicles bring a non perishable food item to be donated to local food banks. Anything and everything is welcome, from VW bugs to McLaren 720s, and everything in between.

Information can be found here:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/masscruisers/cruisenight.html

1 hour ago, F1GTRLT said:

Here in Massachusetts (Foxborough to be exact) every other Thursday though the summer into the fall the MassCruisers Auto Club hosts a massive event at Bass Pro Shops in the same complex as Gillette Stadium. Average turnout is 1500-2000 cars, and a few thousand people walking the show as well. One of the great parts of this show is the club asks that any show vehicles bring a non perishable food item to be donated to local food banks. Anything and everything is welcome, from VW bugs to McLaren 720s, and everything in between.

Information can be found here:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/masscruisers/cruisenight.html

I agree, best cruise night anywhere around here! Its a great location and brings beautiful cars from a few states!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Mustang Week 2019
  • Dates - September 2-8 
  • City/State - Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Number of people in attendance - 1000+
  • Number of vehicles in attendance - 600+
  • Types of vehicles - Mustangs, F150
  • Number of years show has existed - 18

Attendance numbers based on this years event.

Edited by Shad_s550

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Rod Run Pigeon Forge Tn. Huge amount of cars it’s literally from I-40 to Gatlinberg with traffic classic cars, modern muscle and a few nice imports. Diesel Trucks all show quality. Apirl  10-14 and they have another in September. 

Edited by Reedy50

16 hours ago, Reedy50 said:

Rod Run Pigeon Forge Tn. Huge amount of cars it’s literally from I-40 to Gatlinberg with traffic classic cars, modern muscle and a few nice imports. Diesel Trucks all show quality. Apirl  10-14 and they have another in September. 

Hi there and welcome to the forum! Unfortunately we will be supporting the Barrett-Jackson Auction in West Palm Beach FL during this same time period, so we won't be able to make it :(

Gatlinburg is a beautiful area though - I hope I can get back there on vacation one of these years!

• 1 month later...
  • Dates - May 31st, June 1st & 2nd
  • City/State - Devils Lake, North Dakota
  • Number of people in attendance: Many
  • Number of vehicles in attendance: 750+ (largest car show in North Dakota)
  • Types of vehicles: All types, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, +
  • Number of years show has existed: 27 Years

I'm not affiliated with Devils Runs, just a big fan of what they're doing and I try to attend every year. It takes place in the city's park, plenty of grass and shade and a lot happening that weekend. They have a lot of good food and drinks to be had and tons of vehicles. I love detailing, and I love proper detailing, I have stories I could tell you of the things I have seen at car shows. Shop towels and windex, bucket of water and a tiny rag, etc. We could certainly use some auto detailing experts on site to show off and train everyone there. haha. :D

http://www.greaterdakotaclassics.com/events/devils_run.html

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...