Customer Service 866.965.0400
Sign in to follow this  
Team Adam's

HOW TO: Cleaning Wheels & Tires

Question

24 answers to this question

If you watch your sig, it goes with the beat.

Just a tip that I have noticed using the wheel cleaning tool. After the felt pieces start to lay down, I reverse the drill for a couple of seconds and they stand back up and clean a little better.

Good tip Jeff, only caution I'd add to that is some drills chuck pretty weakly so going in reverse can disengage the stick and fling it. Wouldn't have thought to worry about it until I saw a friend do it and almost take his eye out LOL.

nicely done!

one thing i still have questions about is what speed to set the drill at when cleaning the barrels? last time i used it i tried a high speed and it just flung stuff ALL over the place!

How much benefit do you get out of soaking the brushes and Power Stick in the Car Wash bubble bath? I first noticed this technique in Mario's write ups and was curious if it simply made it easier to clean the brushes afterwards or made a difference when cleaning the wheels.

I like it simply b/c it keeps the brushes wet, which makes them easier to clean at the end (imo) and you don't have to hose them out between each wheel... you can just swish them around, rub em against the grit guard and they're ready to go.

I assume you empty/rinse this bucket and then reload it to do a 2-bucket wash? Or do you do a 2-bucket wash, and have a 3rd bucket just for wheels?

Thanks for the input Kathy, we'll have to look into maybe carrying them separate. I'm sure as the months go by someone is bound to have a nozzle get dropped or broken so spare parts will become a must. When we reach that point perhaps we'll offer it as a stand alone.

do you usually dry with ds, i always have problem with spots from water sitting on my chrome rims after a clean so i have to go over them at the end with ds and a microfiber towel.

one other question, is there any way to speed polishing chrome, maybe an applicator you can put on a drill to apply the metal polish? i know theres those cones and stuff you can put on a drill are they any good?