Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fire Hose Sprey Nozzle stuck

Mark

Question

I have a few words of advice regarding the Fire Hose Nozzle... Everyone might want to use teflon tape when putting it on. Mine has been on the hose for about a year...and it's not coming off, ever.

Edited by Mark
Can't type or spell

22 answers to this question

That's bizarre! I've taken mine off and put it on at least a dozen times with no problems. Jason? Adam?

But has it been on for a year? I took pliers and a vice to it, it is not coming off.

Edited by Mark

I think I ruined the end of the hose using the vise grips. I'll load it up w/WD40 and see if I can break it free in a day. Being the nozzle is round doesn't help.

Edited by Mark

Do you have hard water? I do and have had several nozzles (Not Adams) corrode to the hose. I had one break off and found nothing left of the hose end but a couple of threads stuck inside the nozzles threads.

I use quick disconnects for everything that goes on my hose. They pop on and pop off.

quickdisconnect.jpg

Now before you start laughing, that Mr. Clean thing is useless except for the soft water application that it does. Other than that, it's worthless. I haven't used it in probably 2 years. The Wash and Rinse has a directional nozzle which makes it great for washing the undercarriage and wheel wells. If forces out a lot of water too. That's about all it's good for unless you need to wash some second floor windows.

I finally bought a 75ft rubber house with solid (not pressed) ends on it. It has a hex on them in case this happens. The hose was 70 bucks but it's a heavy duty (for commercial use) hose so it'll last me till I die. The other nice thing is the ends won't crush if you accidently drive over them. I bought rubber because it doesn't get as hard in cold weather or soft in warm weather.