Customer Service 866.965.0400

Meanwhile, Over at the Adam's Warehouse...

... there's something a stirring, and it ain't no mouse! :D

I was fortunate enough to have a really nice guy and new found friend loan me his Corvette while visiting Adam at the warehouse for Adam's detailing clinic last weekend. I told the owner (RKT ROY on Digital Corvettes) that I would do a complete paint correction on his car in trade. Well, I have been at it all week and am finally wrapping it up.

One thing to note: I brought my Flex polisher with me in order to speed up the job. Well, my Flex crapped out on me, AGAIN, after I just had it repaired. Thus, I had to break out the ol' PC and go at this job. I'll say this, the PC is no joke when used correctly as it knocked out this job coming and going. Check out these pics!

Coming along, and these are nothing but SHR. Not a drop of wax is on the car...

adams_wh1.jpg

adams_wh2.jpg

adams_wh3.jpg

The halo, before and after...

adams_wh4.jpg

adams_wh5.jpg

adams_wh6.jpg

I used a totally new technique to achieve my paint correction this time. A video will soon follow so stay tuned! The good thing about my new technique is it really cut down on how many passes I had to make with the PC. The bad thing was my new technique really eats up some pads! Here are the 2 orange pads that I used on the entire car. :o

adams_wh12.jpg

Speaking of eating, no all nighter would be complete without some Junkman style grub. Here's Papa John's version of the Dagwood. I had to instruct them on how to do it but hell, there's only one Dagwood!

adams_wh7.jpg

The roof along with the rest of the car was in bad shape because the only thing Roy uses this car for is the track. He's not a waxer but he may turn into one after seeing his car now!

Before...

adams_wh9.jpg

After...

adams_wh13.jpg

Here's the roof and halo after hitting it with SHR and the orange pad, 2 passes of FMP and a white pad, 2 passes with Revive Polish and a white pad, one coat of BSG and a topping of the new Americana Wax.

adams_wh14.jpg

Well, back to the warehouse... the rest of the car ain't gonna wax itself! :2thumbs:

The Junkman

Edited by Junkman2008

AJ your a rebel!

Looks awesome.. did you just finish it?

I'm still over here in the warehouse. No sleep once I get dialed in on a job. I guess day shift will be dragging in here shortly... :burnout:

Very nice' date=' once again!

So if I call up Papa John's and ask for the Junkman Special, they will know what I mean? haha[/quote']

Let me run it pass the founder. He only lives a couple of miles from me in Louisville. :thumbsup:

I'm still over here in the warehouse. No sleep once I get dialed in on a job. I guess day shift will be dragging in here shortly... :burnout:

yea..

sorry I couldnt help you out with the access thing. Steve called me last night but I was close to going to sleep

No problem, I still ain't done and they're here now.

wow..

I talked to Steve at 9:30 last night and he said you were working on the car and will be done at 3.

That thing has got to be insane!

You're a glutton for punishment AJ. And like I always said........if you're ever in Western Pa, my wife makes some mean chicken wings and I've got the beer nice and cold. I'll even let you do a job on the Vette. :D

You're a glutton for punishment AJ. And like I always said........if you're ever in Western Pa, my wife makes some mean chicken wings and I've got the beer nice and cold. I'll even let you do a job on the Vette. :D

Is Carlisle anywhere near you? :D

Is Carlisle anywhere near you? :D

Not really. Carlisle is about 2 - 2 1/2 hours east of us. But we'll be there for Corvettes from Thursday to Sunday.:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Did you see that the giveaway Vette this year is a C5? :banana:

The Kevin Brown method? ;)

P.S. Sorry to hear about your Flex, A.J. My condolences :grouphug:

That's funny, what's the Kevin Brown method? It just so happens that my neighbor is named Kevin Brown!

AJ...your the man.

Awesome job. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Dagwood doesnt look near as good as yours. :willy:

It wasn't! :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, I'm still learning!

Here are some pictures of Roy's finished Coupe. Man, it looked a ton better from the day I picked it up but I could have easily spent another 2 weeks on it. I think I'm obsessed!

roy_coupe1.jpg

roy_coupe2.jpg

I used my new technique to get the swirls out of the paint (video to come soon). After doing the car with SHR and the orange pad, I followed with 2 passes of FMP and a white pad, 2 passes with Revive Polish and a white pad, one coat of BSG and a topping of the new Americana Wax. It was quite a workout!

I wish I had a picture of the engine before Adam Pitale laid his signature detail on it but here's the finished product. Keep in mind that this is a track car and not a garage queen so it gets put through the paces. It will now get put through the paces with a shine!

roys_engine_detail_big.jpg

Here's a shot of Roy, and his darling wire Mary and I. You talk about a couple made for each other, this is the couple you want to be. They are so much alike that you know God has blessed this marriage. Roy uses his Vette for the track and has it setup strictly for that. The kicker is, Mary has partaken of the track experience too! When you first meet them, you would never have a clue but both of them are some regular "Dale Earnhardt's" behind the wheel. With that said, Mary makes some mean muffins and Roy will turn you on to the best eateries that L.A. has to offer. They really were the icing on my stay in California. :thumbsup:

roy_mary.jpg

Roy will be hitting the track again this coming weekend. If you would like to check out some of his and Mary's in car videos, go to Google Videos and do a search for RKT ROY. Pay attention to not only their driving, but the other cars on the track. It really makes for some good watchin'!

Go get'em Roy and Mary! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by Junkman2008

• 1 year later...

OK Junkman, what's on this pizza? :drool: I'm drooling just looking at it and thinking it might go up as my latest wallpaper. I'm thinking a Sam Adam's Summer Ale or perhaps a Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy to go with this...:drool::drool::drool:

adams_wh7.jpg