Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel cleaning with a foaming sprayer

mc2hill

Question

I have posted several times that I use Adam's Car Wash Shampoo mixed in a bottle with a foaming sprayer to clean 'maintained' wheels. Well this evening I remembered to take some pictures!

Here is the set up: Car Wash pre-mixed at 1/2 oz. to a gallon of water.

premixedCarWash010.jpg

The not too dirty wheel cover

Foamedwheels001.jpg

Foamedwheels002.jpg

I rinsed the wheels and gave it about 10 shots from the sprayer (it foams more than this, but it had dissipated by the time I took the picture)

Foamedwheels005.jpg

Foamedwheels006.jpg

A quick going over with the Boar's Hair Wheel Brush and clean wheels! :)

Foamedwheels008.jpg

Foamedwheels007.jpg

Another plus to using the Car Wash is if I wash about once a week I don't have to do the tires each time, as the SVRT still looks good!

16 answers to this question

But I think I wanna get a foaming sprayer! Currently I use the foam gun on the wheels first, brush with boars hair brush AND detail brush.

Hopefully you can order one from the Adam's store in the next few weeks!

Treat them just like the paint on your car!

:iagree:

Cleaning - use a mixture of soap and water for light cleaning, for heavier brake dust buildup or road grime use Green Wheel Cleaner at full strength.

Boars hair wheel brush for both methods, add a trim and lug nut brush if the wheels have any tighter/hard to clean spots (i.e. - lug nut holes)

Polishing - the clear coat on your wheels is just like the clear coat on the rest of your car. Use a little polish by hand to freshen the wheels up or address any minor scratches/swirls.

Protecting - apply a coat of wax or sealant to the wheels regularly to keep them protected. Wheels see more abuse than most other parts of the car with the heat transfer and proximity to the road. Keeping a protective coat on them will help keep them easy to clean and less likely to be damaged.

I do something like this as I too do not like having to svrt the wheels every time I wash. But I think I wanna get a foaming sprayer! Currently I use the foam gun on the wheels first, brush with boars hair brush AND detail brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived