Customer Service 866.965.0400

So I Wrecked My Vette...

Junkman2008

Question

(The real wreck starts at post #132. This was the wreck BEFORE the wreck)

Well, I guess I more like "curbed" it but it feels like a wreck to me. :(

I was parked next to a really high curb and forgot about that when I went to leave. The damage will require fiberglass work and repainting but until I get some free time, I'll have to make it look presentable. I guess it could be worse, another drunk driver could have hit me.

Here's the damage:

wreck1.jpg

wreck2.jpg

So I broke out the sandpaper and knocked down a lot of clear coat. I needed to make this look as good as possible so that I would keep kicking myself every time I looked at the car. The car is so low that I had to jack it up in order to save my back. :help:

wreck3.jpg

Wet sanding in progress. The damage is pretty deep.

wreck4.jpg

Now I'm buffing out the damage with Severe Swirl Remover. Normally, I would have to use something more abrasive but by using a Makita rotary, SSR is strong enough to remove the aggressive wet sanding that I was doing.

wreck5.jpg

I then followed that up with the Swirl & Haze Remover and Fine Machine Polish on the Flex.

wreck5a.jpg

The final results. The reflections of stuff on the floor makes it look like I haven't done anything! :help:

wreck6.jpg

I was able to get it somewhat presentable but like I said before, this will require a repaint in order to make it perfect again. On a side not, my detail cart arrived and I was able to put it to use while I was working.

detail_cart.jpg

Oh well, gotta go make some money for this repair. thud.gif

Jump to this page for the updated pictures of the 2nd wreck. :help:

• Answers 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey the thing is that the car is replaceable but you sir are not. Hey at least this didnt happen to you.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LyB4lejOtgA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, I won't have to fix it now. A semi tire flew off a truck this weekend and took out the front of the car. It sucks to be me this week. I'll be seeing my insurance adjuster come Monday. :(

Dang the luck. Sorry to hear of these misfortunate incidents AJ

Well, I won't have to fix it now. A semi tire flew off a truck this weekend and took out the front of the car. It sucks to be me this week. I'll be seeing my insurance adjuster come Monday. :(

OMG A.J, sorry dude, know you love that car :(

hey the thing is that the car is replaceable but you sir are not. Hey at least this didnt happen to you.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LyB4lejOtgA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>

:lol:

Sorry to hear that AJ

Archived