Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ink On Leather

Adam

Question

Try a little rubbing alcohol on a mf towel. Do a very small are first, then continue.

Please take before, during, and after photos!

Thanks.:thumbsup:

Edited by C6Bill

21 answers to this question

ok just got around to doing this today. Both happy and a little frustrated with the results. First I tried it on my back seat and it worked great.

Before

IMG_0409.jpg

After

IMG_0410.jpg

then I proceeded to a ink stain on my drivers seat. This is where I got frustrated, it seems that when I rubbed it with the alcohol it faded the leather :(

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

It looks like there was some dirt on the seat and the alchol only took it off where you rub. JUst my geuss.

you may be right... I actually thought about rubbing down the entire seat with it, but thought that could turn into a disaster if I didn't think about it. I'll see what everyone else thinks...

you may be right... I actually thought about rubbing down the entire seat with it, but thought that could turn into a disaster if I didn't think about it. I'll see what everyone else thinks...

Yeah i would see what everybody else think. But i think you might just have taken the dirty film off the leather. BUt who knows.

I agree with Jesse, but right now I would just put some conditioner on it and wait a few weeks to see if it blends back in. That would give you an idea if it is just dirt ?

I agree with Jesse, but right now I would just put some conditioner on it and wait a few weeks to see if it blends back in. That would give you an idea if it is just dirt ?

I also agree with Jesse and Bill.

If you have never cleaned your seats, jeans and dark clothes leave alot of dye "behind". :lolsmack:

Brent you just cleaned the dirt off.... :) Use a good leather cleaner and clean the entire seat, and then do the drivers.... Cause trust me they are dirty! Then condition them and they will be fine. Like mentioned above, jeans and dark fabrics can transfer color to lighter items. And our seats do get dirty just from being sat upon.

A good way to pull up stains in leather is by sometimes using a conditioner first: Liberally apply the conditioner then put a plastic seat cover (like the kind dealerships use) or a large trash bag over the seat. Let it bake in the hot sun for several hours, then bring the car in and clean the leather as you normally would.

Edited by Baron_Von_Awesome

A good way to pull up stains in leather is by sometimes using a conditioner first: Liberally apply the conditioner then put a plastic seat cover (like the kind dealerships use) or a large trash bag over the seat. Let it bake in the hot sun for several hours, then bring the car in and clean the leather as you normally would.

Hmm that different.

Try a little rubbing alcohol on a mf towel. Do a very small are first, then continue.

Please take before, during, and after photos!

Thanks.:thumbsup:

Never new that.....but my leather is black...put that one in the memory bank:2thumbs:

I know its an old thread but mr clean magic erasers work great for removing ink on leathers seats and black scuff marks on light interior trim. Just dont rub super hard and it will come out fine. Also works perfect for cleaning small stains on headliners

Joe

I know its an old thread but mr clean magic erasers work great for removing ink on leathers seats and black scuff marks on light interior trim. Just dont rub super hard and it will come out fine. Also works perfect for cleaning small stains on headliners

Joe

They are awesome around the house too

I would think that because the back seat came out perfect, the alcohol just cleaned the leather where you used it. The area shows up lighter on the front seat because front seats are more heavily used and have some dirt all over them, but the back seats don't. I'd give that entire front seat a good cleaning and conditioning.