Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chrome Wheel Question

Natch02

Question

14 answers to this question

I am going to clay the chrome wheels on my F250. What should I puy on them to protect them when im done? MSW? Im out of butter wax.

Hi Alex- On chrome, I've always used Brilliant Spray Glaze. It's easy, and I use it every month on chrome. Chrome is the most durable wheel finish, so 'protecting' is not nearly as important as regular maintenance.

If the chrome ever seems to be difficult to clean, use our Metal Polish, and they will sparkle like new dimes. :D

Hi Alex- On chrome, I've always used Brilliant Spray Glaze. It's easy, and I use it every month on chrome. Chrome is the most durable wheel finish, so 'protecting' is not nearly as important as regular maintenance.

If the chrome ever seems to be difficult to clean, use our Metal Polish, and they will sparkle like new dimes. :D

i was told the metal polish can turn the chrome a brownish color?:help:

I have used the metal polish on my chrome wheels, followed by BSG and they look great. No brownish color on mine.

False. However, if the chrome is on it's way out, and yellowing, the metal polish will NOT bring it back. Yellowing/ browning chrome is dead, and is typically the result of cheap chrome jobs. Most often found on wheels done for new car dealerships, as an 'added dealer markup.'

Worst cars: Lexus ES300, all Mercedes Benz, and Cadillac. (seems they do the most chrome-trade-outs, and therefore, go with the cheapo dipping!)

:2thumbs:

False. However, if the chrome is on it's way out, and yellowing, the metal polish will NOT bring it back. Yellowing/ browning chrome is dead, and is typically the result of cheap chrome jobs. Most often found on wheels done for new car dealerships, as an 'added dealer markup.'

Worst cars: Lexus ES300, all Mercedes Benz, and Cadillac. (seems they do the most chrome-trade-outs, and therefore, go with the cheapo dipping!)

:2thumbs:

Good info!

Happy to report that I have now tried the wheel cleaner and boar hair brush..WOW. I have solved my cleaning problems. I have all these great little rivets and this brush just gets in there and really cleans! Not that my rims are getting very dirty, but I took a qtip and tested in the rivet crevice..NO DIRT.

Thanks guys...now I can take care of these rims properly and easily.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Happy to report that I have now tried the wheel cleaner and boar hair brush..WOW. I have solved my cleaning problems. I have all these great little rivets and this brush just gets in there and really cleans! Not that my rims are getting very dirty, but I took a qtip and tested in the rivet crevice..NO DIRT.

Thanks guys...now I can take care of these rims properly and easily.