Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to apply Leather Conditioner

Team Adam's

Question

Crazy obsessive mad scientist type detailer checking in here --

for seats that have gone a long time without conditioning I prefer to use an almost excessive amount of product and massage it in HARD by hand, as in with my bare hands kinda like a massage for your leather. Afterall it is just skin when you think about it!! I really rub it in there and apply a lot of pressure. Once the surface is entirely treated I wipe off the excess with a clean/dry microfiber towel, wait a bit then apply a normal coat with a foam applicator. The excess pressure, product and massaging soften the leather and allow the product to be worked as deep as possible into the surface... also makes your hands soft :D

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Do you think the heat from your hands helps to penetrate the conditioner??

With P-Leather, only a very small portion of the conditioner makes it through to the actual leather - massaging by hand like Dylan does (and like I do) is the most effective way to get the best coverage and best absorption.

With P-Leather, only a very small portion of the conditioner makes it through to the actual leather - massaging by hand like Dylan does (and like I do) is the most effective way to get the best coverage and best absorption.

Hey Frank, how about you post your tip about putting the bag over the leather and letting it sit in the sun?:glasses:

Frank....

You complete me. [/jerrymaguiremoment]

:jester:

"Hello, my name is Dylan, and I'm a Detail-a-holic!" :lol::lol:

Excellent tip. The leather seats in my G8 are quite stiff, and I was wondering how to get the conditioner to penetrate. I'll give this a try.

I tried this today. It worked great. Thanks for the tip.

Ditto, I detailed the SS's interior this weekend and used this method on the actual leather and it seemed work great. The leather does feel better than when just wiped with product (I did that first). Unfortunately my garage is like a cave it is do dark so when I was driving to and from church yesterday I noticed some uneven application on the dash and door panels I need to even out. Whoops.

i did my fathers front seats the other day. hes a chain-smoking, hard working, man. So the seats were absolutley FILTHY. i applied the cleaner and actually used a hard-bristle brush the scrub the leather. worked really well and got in all of the cracks also!

Yeah my hands felt softer and smelled like leather the rest of the day. lol Adam's conditioner has a mild leather scent so it wasn't bad noticeable unless you smelled them.

Since it was mentioned that the heat from the hands is not a factor maybe just using a rubber glove to prevent the smell of leather. Unless you enjoy smelling you're hands all day.:2thumbs: