Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman's "Slow Cut" Paint Correction Videos!

Junkman2008

Question

Hey boys and girls, the Junkman here with another video series! This time we introduce another way to maximize the power of your PC buy using a technique that makes up for lower OPM's when compared to the RPM's of a rotary polisher. I also use this technique to test the hardness (or softness) of a car's clear coat.

This technique was originally conceived to be used with harder type polishes. It enables the polish to be fully broken down and maximizes it's use. What you are going to see is that it can also be used with a polish like Swirl & Haze Remover. Furthermore, it allows you to use less product, while stretching the mileage of each application. It also saves your pads from getting caked up with product which is a major waste of money and resources.

The main reason I like this technique is it gives me an idea of what it is going to take for me to correct a given clear coat. Since some imports are known to have soft clear coats, the 800 pound gorilla technique may not be advisable. Thus, the slow cut method while very effective, will not beat up the clear coat. If it corrects the paint, then I know it the clear is not too hard. If it doesn't, out comes the "trunk monkey". :lol:

Enough talk, let's get to the videos!

slo-cutpic.jpg

The Videos

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Video 4

Video 5

Video 6

Here are some pictures from the experience:

slo-cut1.jpg

slo-cut2.jpg

slo-cut3.jpg

slo-cut4.jpg

slo-cut5.jpg

slo-cut6.jpg

slo-cut7.jpg

slo-cut9.jpg

slo-cut11.jpg

slo-cut12.jpg

slo-cut13.jpg

slo-cut15.jpg

slo-cut16.jpg

slo-cut18.jpg

slo-cut19.jpg

slo-cut20.jpg

slo-cut21.jpg

slo-cut22.jpg

slo-cut23.jpg

That's all folks!

The Junkman

Edited by Junkman2008

Wow, your videos get better, and better, and better, and. . . . .

Two thumbs WAY up AJ, this was a fantastic.

"Your shine, ain't going to be nothing like my shine!" :lol:

All joking aside, this was an incredibly articulate, and educational explanation of how to achieve excellence on a truly trashed finish.

Great job my friend, first class.

-Adam:2thumbs:

Wow, your videos get better, and better, and better, and. . . . .

Two thumbs WAY up AJ, this was a fantastic.

"Your shine, ain't going to be nothing like my shine!" :lol:

All joking aside, this was an incredibly articulate, and educational explanation of how to achieve excellence on a truly trashed finish.

Great job my friend, first class.

-Adam:2thumbs:

You know that truly means a lot coming from you Adam, thanks man! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Great videos as always :thumbsup::bow:

By the way i do sit on my bucket all the time i think i use it more as a stool then i use it to wash cars :lol: And like you said if i can sit on it at 350 pounds anyone can sit on it.

Steve

I need a picture of you sporting one of those buckets for effect. :2thumbs:

I need a picture of you sporting one of those buckets for effect. :2thumbs:

Sure thing.... my wife comes home Thursday from florida, i will have her take one.

Now its time to heat up some wings and pizza and watch the rest of the videos. You know your a detailing junky when you spend your saturday night watching detailing videos :lolsmack:

LOL....

AJ, you kill me man... I just watched the whole thing already understanding what a slow cut process was, but you kept me glued as if it were the first time I had seen someone detail a car :lol:

You certainly have a knack for this stuff and I tip my hat to you sir, not only are you incredibly skilled with the PC, you're also great with the camera and teaching. Just hope you know how much I appreciate the time and effort you pour into these things b/c I understand first hand how much info that is to stuff into something on Youtube.

Great job as always :2thumbs:

AJ another fantastic series of videos .I have to say a big thanks to ya. I like yourself am an IT person during the week and a detail Junky on the weekends .Its refreshing to see someone as passionette as you willing to assist others .Thanks. Looking forward to sharing a nice soul food dinner with you one day.

LOL....

AJ, you kill me man... I just watched the whole thing already understanding what a slow cut process was, but you kept me glued as if it were the first time I had seen someone detail a car :lol:

You certainly have a knack for this stuff and I tip my hat to you sir, not only are you incredibly skilled with the PC, you're also great with the camera and teaching. Just hope you know how much I appreciate the time and effort you pour into these things b/c I understand first hand how much info that is to stuff into something on Youtube.

Great job as always :2thumbs:

Thanks Dylan. :2thumbs:

As you probably already know, the slow cut process was actually made for a more pasty type cutting polish but as we all can see, it works wonders with any good cutting polish! It takes more time but it doesn't wear you out.

AJ another fantastic series of videos .I have to say a big thanks to ya. I like yourself am an IT person during the week and a detail Junky on the weekends .Its refreshing to see someone as passionette as you willing to assist others .Thanks. Looking forward to sharing a nice soul food dinner with you one day.

I'll be doing a clinic in New Jersey on the 22nd of August! Bring your bib! :D

Dude... YOU ROCK!!!!

Awesome Video's!

Look for a red Grand Prix to show up in your drive way one day.. It will be there for a full detail, and there will be a box of BBQ & Wings in the trunk for ya :D

Thanks Dylan. :2thumbs:

I'll be doing a clinic in New Jersey on the 22nd of August! Bring your bib! :D

Sounds good to me let me know where .I will see if I can make that . I will give my best shot .I will bring my appetite aswell. LoL !!!!!

Dude... YOU ROCK!!!!

Awesome Video's!

Look for a red Grand Prix to show up in your drive way one day.. It will be there for a full detail, and there will be a box of BBQ & Wings in the trunk for ya :D

I'll need some napkins in the form of about $1500 to wipe my hands on. Wouldn't want to get any BBQ juice on your ride! :D:D

Sounds good to me let me know where .I will see if I can make that . I will give my best shot .I will bring my appetite aswell. LoL !!!!!

Here you go. :2thumbs:

Edited by Junkman2008

Cool, more videos! I'm really interested to see these, hopefully I'll get a chance in the next few days.

The only bad thing I can see so far is the picture of your ugly mug holding the Adam's bottle -- you're going to scare off all the customers! :D:lolsmack:

When will you be passing through or near to Dayton next? It's time for a feed .....