Customer Service 866.965.0400

07 Titan from hellllllll !

Here is the story on this truck. This truck was just offroaded on the Stampede Trail, a pretty brutal trail. The owner owns 3 car dealerships in Anchorage, all 3 have detailers and he brought it to me( a little chest thumping here), he also sponsors our Subaru club since 1 of his dealerships is Continental Subaru. He brought it to me and said he did not expect 100% correction and not everything came out and you will see why, he also said he didn't care how thin the clear ended up since he is doing a full urban digi camo vinyl body wrap in 2 weeks. On to the pics, enjoy.

Before:

DerrickTitan001.jpg

DerrickTitan002.jpg

DerrickTitan003.jpg

DerrickTitan004.jpg

DerrickTitan005.jpg

DerrickTitan006.jpg

DerrickTitan007.jpg

DerrickTitan008.jpg

DerrickTitan009.jpg

DerrickTitan010.jpg

Edited by Sundog Detailing

Well Taig I'm missing where these so-called 'leftover' imperfections are! What do you do to get those fenders looking better?

Stuff like this is where a rotary is almost a must.

The fender flares are just black plastic so all the scratches are still in those, I used some black WOW to get them looking better.

If you looked at it with the naked eye under the lights you would find a few imperfections.

Your right, no PC would have touched this thing. I had to do a 3 step proccess, compound, polsh, fine polish. In the 50/50 shots you can see the hazing and compounding marks.

I almost ordered some of that BW but its just so ****ed expensive, what are your thoughts on the stuff? That kind of correction would have been a bugger even for the Flex! Can you sand down those fenders?

I only used it cause I had it, it's a pain in the a** to work with. If you get it on anything other than where you want it, it doesn't come off. I won't be getting more when I run out, which may be never since I hate using it.

As far as the fender flares, no sanding would not work as it's just raw black plastic so there is no way to polish out anything.

yeah it's great for restoring the trim, but not worth the hassle and price. I can't even compare it to VRT because they are totally different products even though they can serve the same purpose. I think VRT is a better product in the long run for ease of use, price, and waaaayyyyy less hassle, like I said the only reason I used it is cause I happen to have some and can't just throw it away.

yeah it's great for restoring the trim, but not worth the hassle and price. I can't even compare it to VRT because they are totally different products even though they can serve the same purpose. I think VRT is a better product in the long run for ease of use, price, and waaaayyyyy less hassle, like I said the only reason I used it is cause I happen to have some and can't just throw it away.

I've even found VRT to do great on the trim. Sorry to take away from your thread but you just always do such great work and have a real good knowledge about detailing products. :2thumbs:

• 2 months later...