Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman's "Proper Use of Waterless Wash" Videos

Junkman2008

Question

Okay boys and girls, The Junkman is back with another video series. This time I cover the proper technique of using a waterless wash product on your paint without damaging the paint. A lot of people experience scratches when using waterless wash products (even detail spray), because they use it at a inappropriate time. Adam's Waterless Wash is an outstanding product and will yield exceptional results when used at a time that it was designed for. However, if you use it at a time when your car should be 2-bucket washed instead, you could end up being your paint's worst enemy. It is not the product that is at fault, it is your technique.

There are 2 types of dirt that will end up on your car: dust and everything else (everything else as in mud, film, a herd of bird droppings, etc...). Waterless Wash is made for dust. Things like finger prints or something else that has just landed on your paint (like that special sauce from a Big Mac :willy:), can also be removed with Waterless Wash. If a major area of the car is covered with anything else, you need to wash it, especially a car covered with a dirt film (which is what you find covering the car after driving it in the rain). A caked on spot of something like bird droppings can be removed using Waterless Wash but you have to soak the spot real good and make sure that the substance is fully diluted enough to remove. Rubbing on it too soon will do nothing but scratch the paint.

Common sense is the key here. I can't list all the situations that Waterless Wash can be used for but after watching these videos, you will have a good idea. With that said, on to the videos!

waterless_videopic.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDevg-0x0jI&feature=plcp&context=C394f598UDOEgsToPDskLqPxGPDDGDd1-nWMhH_tzY]Waterless Wash - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqdjRwsXoOM&feature=plcp&context=C327dbb2UDOEgsToPDskItriLWwu5vtXuat_ssmXYG]Waterless Wash - Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gVU4C_6wOE&feature=plcp&context=C356edf0UDOEgsToPDskKSMLFRHZn3Bvp6oyFIKca7]Waterless Wash - Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAZdH0ebKEM&feature=plcp&context=C3c73470UDOEgsToPDskIo_g17okFLH0e6lRmFG-eH]Waterless Wash - Part 4.mpg - YouTube[/ame]

The Junkman :2thumbs:

Edited by Junkman2008

• Answers 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

well shoot. I cant watch them at work, and I can't view them for some reason on my iphone on the forum and if I search for them on youtube they don't come up.

I guess I need to wait til I get home. :(

Thanks AJ!

You are really amazing AJ. Thanks. Next how about sending me a holographic AJ to do my car for me?:)

My R2D2 unit is sleep for the winter. :D

well shoot. I cant watch them at work, and I can't view them for some reason on my iphone on the forum and if I search for them on youtube they don't come up.

I guess I need to wait til I get home. :(

Thanks AJ!

Just go to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/junkman2000. Problem solved. :thumbsup:

Hey AJ, Great videos. I think you need to touch on how to use a Cali duster on the side/vertical surfaces of a vehicle correctly and when is it time to replace your duster? I have a duster that still works but is literally 15 years old. It's just like yours.

Edit: I forgot to say that I DO NOT use it...:2thumbs:

Let us know... Maybe a follow up video?

Great job!

Chris

Edited by Chewy

Hey AJ, Great videos. I think you need to touch on how to use a Cali duster on the side/vertical surfaces of a vehicle correctly and when is it time to replace your duster? I have a duster that still works but is literally 15 years old. It's just like yours.

Let us know... Maybe a follow up video?

Great job!

Chris

Actually, the sides are no different than the top. I did the rear of my car in those videos and I used the same technique; barely allowing the tips of the duster to touch the paint.

The most important thing to remember about the California Duster is that if it can't remove the dust because it is stuck to the car, then it is time to wash the car. As far as replacing one, I don't know. I have never had to replace mine but I have two.

looks like ill have to dust off my duster since i was told by numerous people it scratches the paint....thanks A.J. :)

It will! If you use it wrong! :thumbsup:

is anyone else having a problem with part 3?

You Tube is God awful slow at times. It's a miracle that they don't charge. Matter of time...

AJ, you had me at hello. Another great video.

Couple things I noticed:

1: No moderator has banned you from using a non-Adam's product yet. :willy:

2. In video 3, 0:19 seconds in - I heard what you did... And I'm appalled. :lol:

3. You taught me the proper way to use the cali duster (I wasn't as gentle). :loser:

Keep the videos coming, the more popular you get, the more valuable the mini bottles of detail spray you autographed for me become! :cheers:

:bravo:

... 2. In video 3, 0:19 seconds in - I heard what you did... And I'm appalled. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I drank about a half a gallon of milk before made those videos. There were about 10 more of those that I was able to edit out. I couldn't get rid of that one and you're the first to call me out! :lol:

Busted! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I drank about a half a gallon of milk before made those videos. There were about 10 more of those that I was able to edit out. I couldn't get rid of that one and you're the first to call me out! :lol:

Busted! :lol::lol::lol:

Half a gallon of milk! :jawdrop: What're you a baby calf?