Customer Service 866.965.0400

My Weekend Project

DP 08 GXP

Question

well this will be my first real test with my PC and Adam's prodcucts. my advertising paid off and one of my friends is letting me do her car. it might have the worst looking paint i will be able to put my hands on. the front bumper looks like she hit something so the paint is spidered so i am goin to stay away from that for the most part, some parts look like flat black because there are so many swirls, and yeah it is just a mess. she has always taken it through the car washes that have all the brushes and junk in them. here is what i am looking at doing to her car.

wash with dawn (get to use the pressure washer with foamer i posted about)

clay

wash with Adam's

APC the engine bay and detail with IUS and VRT

APC the wheel wheels and tires

GWC on the rims

then i get to go to workat Walmart from 2pm til 11pm

wake up in the morning and go back at it

dry orange pad with SHR because it is that bad unless you think i should prep the pad first?

maybe a second pass if needed

white pad with FMP

white pad with revive

1 coat of MSW

go into work 11p-730a

get up that afternoon

wipe it down with DS

put a coat of americana

detail the inside with C&UC, L&IC, LC on the dash and VRT on the rest

depending on how it looks a coat of BSG

on the headlights ill be trying to polish them up with SHR and FMP. i havent done it before so im hoping for good results.

here are the pics of the destruction. i am thinking it is goin to take me around 10ish hours to complete.

DSCF0879.jpg

DSCF0880.jpg

DSCF0874.jpg

DSCF0875.jpg

DSCF0877.jpg

DSCF0881.jpg

DSCF0884.jpg

DSCF0885.jpg

DSCF0887.jpg

DSCF0886.jpg

DSCF0876.jpg

DSCF0878.jpg

DSCF0882.jpg

DSCF0883.jpg

anybody have anything they would like to add? i will be posting pics after i am all done also!

day 2 is complete...got all of the polishing steps which included the headlights and they are a ton better now then before done done and got a coat of MSW on it along with VRT on the tires. tomorrow is goin to finish up with a coat of Americana and BSG and the interior detailed. enjoy.

DSCF0902.jpg

DSCF0896.jpg

DSCF0898.jpg

my sons new bike lol

DSCF0900.jpg

well i finished it up today....1 coat of Americana, 1 coat of Brilliant Spray Glaze, detailed the engine, and the interior was cleaned ad conditioned. glad to see this one finally done....total time was 14 hours. my friend was shocked and amazed...said it looks better now then it did when she bought it.

DSCF0905.jpg

DSCF0907.jpg

DSCF0908.jpg

DSCF0909.jpg

DSCF0910.jpg

DSCF0915.jpg

DSCF0916.jpg

DSCF0913.jpg

DSCF0914.jpg

my favorite pic

DSCF0912.jpg

Awesome. Great way to kick start some word of mouth for your business, too. :cheers:

i hope so...the girl that rode with her is friends with both of us and she said she will probably want me to do her equinox...im hoping it spreads like wildfire :willy:

Archived