Customer Service 866.965.0400

Squeegee for drying?

Kingsford

Question

I used my California duster a couple times using the Junkman method it worked great. The last carshow I went to outdoor about 80 degrees I wiped the car. My car went from pop to flop. The duster left streaks that appeared to be a wax or something made into the duster. One person at the show said he had the same experience with his car on a warm day. Yes the duster has been washed several times with normal liquid laundry soap and no additives (rinse). I only use liquid laundry soap, several plumbers have told me that powder soap collects in the pipes because by design it is made to powder (figure that any left in any microfiber during washing may do the same).

I have to agree with all that's written....I used one for several years without a visible problem. Two years ago, I began to notice deep scratches on my roof...when I showed them a detailer that I know...he verified that they weren't through the clearcoat....but, almost. I stopped using it...treated the problems...and since then, no more problems. They are great for certain applications [ like - heavy water ] but you need to verify before each swipe that it hasn't picked anything up [blondes.brunettes, etc]...lol

Take Care.

I would love to give your paint the flash test. I bet that it would be an eye opening experience.

Common sense (which is all I preach) says, "The less you touch the paint, the better it is for the paint." After seeing the way I use a CA Duster, anyone can see that the amount of pressure I'm using is a LOT less than what you would use with a CA Water Blade. Thus, common sense would allow anyone to see which is more destructive. But hey, I don't plan to be in Colorado anytime soon so you have plenty time to fix your paint before I show up with my camera.

Then the truth will be told. ;)

Just let me know when you head this way, I'm alway ready to learn, but I was born pretty close MO. so you'll have to show me! :banana:

But I've come to live with the fact that I will have swirls because I live in the dust bowl called Bennett, CO. But any help in reducing these is and will be Greatly Appreciated ! !:bow:

FWIW, I have seen the California Duster leave scrathes in my paint, but have yet to see any of these using the water blade, I keep my blade clean and use it on a clean surface, it has no rip or chuncks missing out it.

But in the end it is still each to his or her own. :cheers:

Bluezey :pc:

You should never be washing or drying a car in a dusty environment so thats a moot point. Also, I'd be less concerned about 'sandblasting' your finish and more concerned about doing any work after the wash and dry... if theres enough dust/dirt in the air for your blower to pick it up and throw it at your car then theres more than just a little settling on the surface of the paint prior to claying, polishing, waxing, or any other contact with your finish.

In my part of town,we have race tracks and they kick up a ton of dirt.If the winds blowing the wrong way,Leaf Blowers is NOT a option.

Just giving a heads up,i'm probley not the only town with circle track racing :confused:

and I don't use leaf blowers to dry ANY of my cars,water pooling and drying towels only.

My garage has no drain,so washing in it is not an option but I can move the vehicle to the garage to dry,correct,wax.

You should never be washing or drying a car in a dusty environment so thats a moot point. Also, I'd be less concerned about 'sandblasting' your finish and more concerned about doing any work after the wash and dry... if theres enough dust/dirt in the air for your blower to pick it up and throw it at your car then theres more than just a little settling on the surface of the paint prior to claying, polishing, waxing, or any other contact with your finish.

:iagree:

This for me..and thanks Junkman for educating me on that in your vids. Works like a champ every time...well except on old DD cars I've cleaned that don't have an ounce of wax on them.

Yea, it doesn't work on my rust bucket either!

The real trick is the pooling rinse. Saves time, towels and paint.

This for me..and thanks Junkman for educating me on that in your vids. Works like a champ every time...well except on old DD cars I've cleaned that don't have an ounce of wax on them.

Be careful with the leafblower (unless your intake air is filtered) when in a dusty environment or outside.You could end up sandblasting your finish:)

... I personally think it caused less damage to the finish than your California Duster:willy:, I just make sure the surface of the car and water blade are clean and I wipe the blade continually while using.

I would love to give your paint the flash test. I bet that it would be an eye opening experience.

Common sense (which is all I preach) says, "The less you touch the paint, the better it is for the paint." After seeing the way I use a CA Duster, anyone can see that the amount of pressure I'm using is a LOT less than what you would use with a CA Water Blade. Thus, common sense would allow anyone to see which is more destructive. But hey, I don't plan to be in Colorado anytime soon so you have plenty time to fix your paint before I show up with my camera.

Then the truth will be told. ;)

Well I don't think that I would use a window squeegee on my car, but I do use a California Water Blade,

Those things are the work of the devil.

I personally think it caused less damage to the finish than your California Duster:willy:, I just make sure the surface of the car and water blade are clean and I wipe the blade continually while using.

Been using a water blade now for close to eight years, ever since I got Deuce!!

The thing is keeping the suface of the vehicle and the waater blade clean while using.

Be careful with the leafblower (unless your intake air is filtered) when in a dusty environment or outside.You could end up sandblasting your finish:)

And if you are using a gas powered blower most are two cycle and have oil in the exhaust, and I do believe that is what causes the air flow in the leafblower. I don't know this personally as I don't own a leaf blower, the wind blows enough out here without creating more!! :lol::lol:

Shine On

Bluezey:pc:

Try to get as much water off the car without touching the car.

1) Pool rinse (I think thats what it's called, helps to make water run down the car and "bring itself" with it, leaving only a little bit of it left)

2) Leaf Blower (if you have one that is..., helps getting water out of those seams, like behind door handles, lights, side markers, etc)

3) And then finally waffle weave towel to knock off any remaining water.

Then treat the car with your favorite cleaners selection.

I use one, a california water blade, very carefully to remove some of the big water. Just be very sure that the blade is super-clean and that you're not going to pic up some debris that's fallen onto the car.

:iagree: I use one too, I spray down with DS first to lube up.

If you are careful it won't hurt a thing.IMHO!

Archived