Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flex vs. PC: How to select the right machine for you

Team Adam's

Question

• Answers 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Not really... new pad diameter is 6.75", no plastic ring.

The ring was replaced by a beveled foam edging so the backing plate and make a more positive connection with the back of the pad, plus we went to a 'grippier' material so they stick much better and withstand the added stress of the Flex.

Our 'ring pads' had a very short lifespan on the Flex... I killed many many many sets of pads during testing.

Nicely written, and explained Dylan! You are one articulate detailing-minded dude. I'm honored to have you on our team my friend.

Indeed, the Flex/ Severe Swirl Remover/ Green Pad system will be available very, very soon. . . .

If considering the Flex, or the Porter Cable, the decision is easy: Both! The Flex does not replace the Porter Cable, and is more a tool used to correct swirled - scratched finishes the PC simply cannot correct.

You will not get the Flex, and suddenly stop using the PC. In fact, you will be one BIG step closer to PERFECTION, and use the PC to jewel or glaze the paint even more!

:thumbsup:

I'm not sure when I will invest in a Flex because I have a rotary to go with my PC. However, the last time I used my rotary I shreaded my only pad for it. Will these new pads for the Flex work on a rotary? (I know that I will need the proper size backing plate)

If its white on white, and you can't read it how did you know what it said? :jester:

I made it an off white to help it stand out, but if its too hard for people to read I can easily change it.

Drug over it while holding the left button on my mouse down. It highlighted it orange. SO THERE! lol

:D

Thats why I like you Chris... you're almost as much of a smart@$$ as me :D

You really have NO idea... I'm pretty tame online because it's hard to get your point across without alienating people in the process.

I'm a to the point kind of guy. My mouth filter wasn't installed correctly at birth. I REALLY have to be careful sometimes. I'm not vulgar, but I DO tell it as it is.

Our vendors don't leave here wondering what we think or how we feel... lol It goes for both though... Positive and negative. :thumbsup:

Chris

loud as always

Nice writeup Dylan, thanks for the pad comparison, and thanks for the body shop safe info, just in case I ever have to repaint (gulp). Is the fine machine polish safe for bodyshop use (just to be rigorous)?

Yeah, I know, darned detail oriented techie...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I am about to have some serious correcting to do on a couple vehicles and wanted to purchase a flex to do the job cause I just don't have the desire to waste so much time using the PC to get it done.

Can't wait to try out the new system!!