Customer Service 866.965.0400

HOW TO: Engine Bay Detailing

Team Adam's

Question

Very nicely done.

When I did my Corvette, I didn't do one step......put a bag over my twin K&N's. The car stalled out until the filters were dry.

Words of advice...Follow the videos instructions and you won't have any problems

Also note a new "beta test" fire hose nozzle, made in the USA is featured and hopefully available soon.

I noticed that immediately, that is one I haven't seen before! As usual, looks pretty slick!

LOL... sticking to music like that as its the most ambiguous background music. I've tried editing with other types and generally they get distracting as you're reading the captions.

A repetitive dance track kind of just falls to the background.

Personally not my taste except for in uses like this. :cheers:

Nice!

I still like using the SVRT mixed: 2/3 product with 1/3 water in the engine bay: I spray a light mist and then wipe that down with the applicator (prepping the applicator with some full strength product first) before hitting the really hard to reach areas with In and Out Spray.

I also hit the engine bay with the leaf blower before closing the hood to bake the remaining water off. Water lays/pools pretty heavy in some areas like around the fuel injectors and will be there for quite some time.

Dylan, How do you do a hood liner?

Foam Tire Shine?

On the felt hood liner? Wouldn't that soak in, make it heavyer, pull against the pins and have it drop off? As well as becoming a magnet for all kinds of dust and dirt? I'm very apprehensive to even hit it with water yet alone any cleaner and a brush. I destroyed one on an earlier vehicle.

i did this today, minus the VRT. sprayed it down, sprayed an imposter all purpose cleaner on there, used a brush and sprayed off. let the engine run while i went around the outside with the super plush MFT and some detail spray touching up any water spots and such after i had washed/dried it.

i did this today, minus the VRT. sprayed it down, sprayed an imposter all purpose cleaner on there, used a brush and sprayed off. let the engine run while i went around the outside with the super plush MFT and some detail spray touching up any water spots and such after i had washed/dried it.

that seems like a better technique... i wouldn't want to leave the engine running for too long wasting gas. i'm a pretty slow washer, and a pretty slow detailer. takes me 20 minutes to do a once over with DS on my camaro. but then again my wife calls me OCD when it comes to cleaning the cars! she only wishes i put that much attention when she makes me clean the bathroom! :lolsmack: