Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman Rolls with the Camaros at Atlanta Motor Speedway!

Junkman2008

Well folks, it's just as the title says. Corvettes Against Breast Cancer opened the event up this year to the Porsche and 5th generation Camaro owners. PLENTY of Camaros showed up too! You all were well represented! Since I was doing a detailing clinic at the track, I got to do all my runs back to back. Thus, I ended up on the track with the Vettes, the Camaros and I also did a run with a group of cars that consisted of a Challenger, Chargers and a Porsche (no offense, but that group was slow as hell!).

Anyway as you will see in the videos, most of the Camaro guys were new at this and the turns were scaring the crap out of them. I experienced the same thing my first time around 3 years ago so that by no means is a slam. That is a very real sensation when you do this for the first time so I was at an advantage.. Now that I have about 80 laps around that monster under my belt, I am a lot more comfortable with rolling that puppy!

So here is the video of my run around the track with the Camaros. This was by far the most fun ride I had that day. The run that I did at night with the lights on was by far my scariest! That run had all the maniacs on the track and there was a Camaro out there that was as wild as I was! :willy:

Oh by the way, the hottie you hear in the background with me stopped me just before I hit pit row and asked if she could roll with the Junkman. Needless to say, I couldn't say no to her fine self so I had company on this trip, and a few others! :D

If you missed out on this and live in the area, you are CRAZY!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoFM2iWUo5w?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoFM2iWUo5w?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Very nice AJ. Looked like a blast, and with two people in the car also. I wish the 1/4 mile track would allow two prople in the car. Some day you and I will meet. Good luck!

I'm there!

Nice job playa. :D

That's really looks like fun. I could see how you may be a little apprehensive driving a new car there, but man, stay off the brakes!

New cars? That's what painter's tape is for! :thumbsup:

Looks like the Camaro drivers might just need a little training from a NASCAR expert:

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O37IObEyMM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

AJ, you are quite the narrator. :lolsmack:

You sounded like you were having a blast. :rockon::rockon:

It felt like I was almost in your car with you. :D:D

I am more of a dragstrip girl and not much into the roundy rounds. It sorta makes me dizzy. :lol:

Whats a dog leg?? Don't make me start guessing. :jester:

AJ' date=' you are quite the narrator. :lolsmack:

I am more of a dragstrip girl and not much into the roundy rounds. It sorta makes me dizzy. :lol:

[b']Whats a dog leg?? Don't make me start guessing. :jester:[/b]

:lol: And there goes the "family friendly atmosphere"

A.J. you should have posted a picture of that girl! She was very cute.

We had a good time man. I hope to hang out again real soon.

You know it Steve! You saw her! Let me fix your position here. You are definitely not a "new AF detailer"!

AJ' date=' you are quite the narrator. :lolsmack:

Whats a dog leg?? Don't make me start guessing. :jester:[/quote']

I'll show you my dog leg if you show me your roundy rounds! :lolsmack:

By the way, the big "O" makes me dizzy too! :willy:

The dog leg is what I call that little bend that runs into pit row. It sorta whips your neck if you don't hit it right. I hardly ever hit it right in all my videos!

:lol: And there goes the "family friendly atmosphere"

:lolsmack:

Teresa has a way of doing that! :D

Great run AJ! Where did you mount tha camera? Looks like a couple shark fins stickin out there!

Here's the mount I used:

cabc36.jpg

cabc37.jpg

Glad you had a good time puttin' a spank on all my Camaro5 Buddies! We'll get ya next year :lolsmack:

There was one there who could have got me if he wasn't bashful in the turns! He was not stock! :willy:

That was funny. Junkman why didn't you let us know you were going to be in Atlanta? I would have come out to see the clinic.

I didn't know if I was going or not. Some drunk biker hit my car and I didn't know if I was going to have it fixed in time or drive it scratched up. I ended up driving it scratched up which really hurt to do.

The dog leg is what I call that little bend that runs into pit row. It sorta whips your neck if you don't hit it right. I hardly ever hit it right in all my videos!

I thought this was one of my "good" questions and thank you for the clarification. :thumbsup:

Now carry on and behave yourselves. :jester:

Archived