Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Gun Announcement: Not 100% USA Made

Adam

Adam's Foam Gun: They were NOT all 100% Made in the USA.

Friends, I am embarrassed and humbled to give this statement. Some of the Foam Guns that we received from the manufacturer were not entirely Made in the USA, as we claimed in our advertising. This is a first for our small company and we're nothing short of ashamed to have unknowingly shipped units that did not follow our companies strict 'Made in the USA' policy.

It was brought to our attention by a customer that the word 'Taiwan' was stamped on the side handle just below the trigger lever, in a very inconspicuous area that we had not noticed. We had no reason to suspect the guns were made anywhere other than the USA. As a matter of fact we were offered numerous assurances by the manufacturer they were and we had personally inspected the units during a long and thorough testing process before launching the guns late this summer.

As far as we can tell the samples received before we placed the first order were in fact American made, and we believe the first few shipments were USA made. However, in light of the discovery by the customer we have come to find that the manufacturer maintains multiple manufacturing facilities, some here in the US, and some in other parts of the world.

At this point it is unclear whether the operations have shifted from the US to Taiwan or if they have always manufactured the piece at both facilities, but until we do have clarification we have discontinued all sales of our foam gun to be safe.

How to tell if your nozzle is a USA or Taiwan unit:

Look on the right side of the pistol, the fulcrum where the lever is riveted to the nozzle will be stamped or blank. If your gun is stamped in that area it will have "TAIWAN" in very small letters. If your gun is not marked at all, it is an American made part.

(Pictures have been added below to help clarify where the stamp may or may not be)

I cannot apologize enough for this. As a company that prides itself so completely on offering quality American made goods, its painful to know we were misrepresenting the products sold to you, our loyal customers. I'm both sorry, and embarrassed that we didn't better inspect these shipments from the manufacturer.

As typical of large companies, we have not yet gotten a reply, except, "Taiwan is not communist China, what's the problem?" I have a big problem with Taiwan, and China, especially when we placed orders for AMERICAN MADE Foam Guns, which the manufacture was fully aware of from the very beginning of our dealings with them.

Ideally, they will supply us with some USA made nozzles to replace the Taiwan units that were shipped. I am extremely hopeful that we can arrange that! As we would not expect you to keep a product if you purchased it under the qualification that it was made in the United States we will offer return or exchange on the units:

Should you wish to return your foam gun on our 110% guarantee, please contact us: Orders@AdamsPolishes.com, or call 866-965-0400, ext. 1.

Should you wish to communicate with me personally, my email is Adam@AdamsPolishes.com, and my phone is 720-473-7100.

I will share the reply we get from the manufacturer as soon as we receive one that offers some form of explanation why we were not sold what we were promised from the beginning. Rest assured if we can continue to offer only the domestically made version of the gun we will.

Again, I sincerely apologize for unintentionally misleading you, our customers, and we will be much more certain to determine and verify the country of origin of our products before selling them in the future rather than taking the manufacture at their word.

Embarrassed,

Adam Pitale

Founder/ CEO

Adam's Polishes

Not Stamped:

73120ee6.jpg

1d6b43a7.jpg

Stamped:

ba2d7798.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam, No need to be embarrassed you did the right thing, the supplier is at fault not you.I commend you for your endeavoring effort to sell American made products.The way you take care of your customers sets Adam's apart from all the rest!:patriot: Thank you for your honesty!!:thumbsup:

Adam - thanks for being so upfront about all of this.

It takes guts for someone in business to say that there is an issue with a product, and not one of your own making, and on top of it to take responsibility for it. I too would be steaming mad if a MFG showed me made in the USA as per requirements, said it would be made in the USA per requirements, and then sent product Made in Taiwan. The mfg person who said 'it is not made in communist china, what's the big deal' has missed the whole point of not providing what was agreed upon, and will say anything and do anything to make a buck. He and his company are completely untrustworthy and unethical.

Thanks for running your business with integrity. It shows real character, and that makes me want to continue getting my products from your company.

Adam, I respect you a great deal for this post. It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong or his company has screwed something up, and it takes a bigger man to take the blame for the company who actually screwed up. I'm impressed more and more with you and your company.

Customer for life,

Sean T

P.S. I have a not-stamped version :patriot:

I think from a legal perspective if they buy the parts from offshore and assemble it here, they can claim Made in USA. Export classification laws are based upon "substantial transformation" definition as products go through various levels of integration. I am sure that is not what Adam's wanted but just what the label can say.

Not seeing any deleted posts Jason... you sure it didn't just hang up while you were posting??

It posted and subscribed me to the thread.

I said that mine was made in Taiwan and I ordered it Labor Day Friday and it shipped Tuesday so it was one of the first ones.

It posted and subscribed me to the thread.

I said that mine was made in Taiwan and I ordered it Labor Day Friday and it shipped Tuesday so it was one of the first ones.

Very strange. I see a deleted message for anything thats deleted in a thread and theres nothing deleted from this thread. In any event, sorry... as stated we'll accept returns of the guns and issue full 110% refunds if you choose to do so for the taiwan stamped guns.

Very strange. I see a deleted message for anything thats deleted in a thread and theres nothing deleted from this thread. In any event, sorry... as stated we'll accept returns of the guns and issue full 110% refunds if you choose to do so for the taiwan stamped guns.

Nah it's all good, it as beyond your control since the guy straight up lied to Adam (it sounds like). If you are able to get USA replacements then I may exchange it, but only if the maker is taking the hit and not Adam's Polishes.

This vendor issue in no ways makes me look at Adams products negatively. In fact for being so stand up about the issue I commend Adam and his company. Well done, I too have no problem with my non USA nozzle (havent used it yet).

Thanks for being an awesome company with vast customer service...thank you

What a crock of bull Adam, Glad to see you sorted it out pretty early and are sticking to your amazing guarantee.

Personally I LOVE buying USA made items but if I had one of these, I'd continue to use it. It's not the end of the world by any means, but I believe the mfgr. needs to make it right.

Chris

This vendor issue in no ways makes me look at Adams products negatively. In fact for being so stand up about the issue I commend Adam and his company. Thanks for being an awesome company with vast customer service...thank you

Ditto...I'm still in for one when they are available! :2thumbs:

Adams is such an amazing company with standards and ideals far beyond even the best manufacturing firms. Being honest about this situation only increases my image of Adams and makes me want to continue to support this great company.

Hopefully the problem can be resolved soon as I really want to get one of these foam guns and my timing always seems to be out of synch with the availability.

Hopefully the proble can be resolved soon as I really want to get one of these foam guns and my timing always seems to be out of synch with the availability.

I'm sure if you bought one it would be the American one. They are probably checking them now that they know of the problem.

Adam, you are the man!!

Theres no need to be embarassed though, it wasnt your fault. You communicated to the seller that you wanted usa made only and they screwed it up. As it looks it is an extremely hard thing to notice. I commend you for trying to make it right regardless, and will continue to buy my car polishing supplies from you upon my return from here.

ADAM'S FTW!!!!!!!!

I gotta say...whoever found it must of been lucky or look over every single spot before using...I don't think I would ever have found it.

Don't worry Adam, this was out of you hands. I remember during work we bought brackets from a company...They changed manufacturers and the brackets started breaking in the field. We were never told and had a lot of issues with them. Of course the issue were resolved...went back to the original manufacturers.

Thanks for lettings us know.

Kind words, thanks for your understanding. I've been thinking about this much, and done more research. Sadly, companies can take 10 imported products, put them all together in the USA, and call the product, "Made in the USA."

Our eyes are definitely open to the situation now, and I believe it's our responsibility to be sure the products we sell are made wholly in our great country. I still believe that we let our customers down, and have issued 110% refunds to all who have requested them.

Lesson learned, and we will be much more certain to investigate the true origins of the products we sell in the future.

:patriot:

+1 for Adam and the team...

+1 for who ever caught that...

This is my number 1 reason of why I chose to become a dealer for Adam... If a owner of a company is able to come out and make announcements like this. It shows a lot imo...

Archived